PDA

View Full Version : Getting Ranked on Page 1 in Google

BLC7
01-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Hey Guys,

I was just curious, what are some of the things you're doing to get your site ranking high in google... if anything at all?

Have you had much success?

willshome
01-09-2013, 06:34 AM
What you are looking for is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
you need to do it and it works
There are many threats on here talking about it here is one
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=17734
use photobucket and flickr.com to host your photos, in the title put your website and (services with my city name.. 'mulch installation dallas, ga', 'fire ant control dallas, ga' etc..) for me it's "WillsLawns.com lawn care Brockton MA"

Add to your Signature on this site your site (like I have) This website is a GREAT backlink and everytime you post its a new link

PS I am number 2 on google search in my city (I did this in two months)

after reading the Thread & if you need more help just ask

Steve
01-09-2013, 12:47 PM
I would venture to guess the vast majority of business owners are doing nothing because they don't know what to do. A few simple steps or tips would be very helpful.

kegpm1
01-11-2013, 11:49 AM
I would venture to guess the vast majority of business owners are doing nothing because they don't know what to do. A few simple steps or tips would be very helpful.

yes for us computer illiterate people this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help:)

All Set
01-11-2013, 12:41 PM
I design websites, do a lot of small business' pages and the big thing to get listed out front is key words in the site, when google does a "crawl" on the web page and it has the majority of keywords i.e landscaping would be green, maintenance, mowing etc. Also if you have ads on your page. List your company with manta or another business listing. I design with dreamweaver and it set up the crawl for the key words like I stated. That is about all I can tell you at the moment.

TroyValdez
01-17-2013, 11:23 AM
please refer to this thread :
http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=120833

BelleCityLawn1
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
I have been building up my business for 2 years now. I built my own website last year and they are a huge advantage! When Google comes to your site it will seek out keywords to decide which websites get displayed the highest. It also looks for links. So wherever you list your business online if you have a link back to your website Google will find that link and view your website higher in the rankings. I have done a lot of work with this recently and my website has jumped from the 2nd page to the top 3 in about a month. Hope this helps!

Steve
01-23-2013, 11:39 AM
have done a lot of work with this recently and my website

Welcome to our forum!

What kind of work have you been focusing on to do this? Any suggestions on what the newer business owner should do to improve their site too?