PDA

View Full Version : Website

jford1995
01-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Hey everyone,
i just made this website tonight and would like to know what yall think. thanks!:)

www.kleankutlawncare.com

mike affordable
01-06-2013, 07:48 AM
hey not bad is that a free web . were did you get it from ?

jford1995
01-06-2013, 07:50 AM
Well thank you! no its not free it $25 a month from vista print they have em as low as $5 a month

The Cleaning Doctor
01-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Holy crap! $25 a month? I can host and entire site with email etc for less than $40 a year. I hope that they supply the lube.

dpld
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Holy crap! $25 a month? I can host and entire site with email etc for less than $40 a year. I hope that they supply the lube.

either that or they wipe your butt off when they are done.

other then the cost it looks good.

best of luck.

Steve
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Can you change things like your title information? So instead of showing your phone number and the word home, you could change it to your business name and the areas you service? That might help with your seo.

jford1995
01-07-2013, 10:11 PM
@steve im not sure but ill try. Other than that how'd it look?

Steve
01-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Other than some search engine optimization tweaks you can do at your own pace, I think the site looks visually pleasing. You did a nice job on it.

BLC7
01-09-2013, 12:05 AM
Hey JFord,

I think it looks good in general.... the only thing I'd do is change the background that contains the text to white instead of green... dark text backgrounds are a bit hard on the eyes.

And after that focus on SEO, because you can have the best looking site in your entire state, but if no one can find you online it won't matter.

I'd do what Steve suggested and work on the title of each page, first.

Steve
01-09-2013, 12:40 PM
And after that focus on SEO, because you can have the best looking site in your entire state, but if no one can find you online it won't matter.

Would you have a top 5 list of suggestions that should be done to improve seo?

BLC7
01-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Would you have a top 5 list of suggestions that should be done to improve seo?

For Organic SEO, here are a few guidelines I follow:

1) Title Tags: 2-3 per page, no 2 pages should focus on the same keywords until all keywords have been targeted.

So, if your home page Title is "Lawn Care Services" and "Weed Removal"

Your Tree Trimming page Title should Contain "Tree Trimming" and 1-2 other keywords.

2) Backlinking - On top of OnPage Optimization, SEO is also based on how many relevant links you have coming into your site. The more links you have back to your site containing the keywords you want to target, the better.... example anchor text: Natchez Lawn Care (http://bruinlawn.com)

3) Content on the page doesn't have to be 100% unique across your site, but it needs to be readable to the consumer, and NOT over optimized. So if you have a Tree Trimming page with a 500 word article/content piece, dropping the keyword in the Title of the Page, Title of the Article and once in the content should be plenty

4) Create 3 Social Media Accounts even if you don't use them, then input your exact business address in the profile and link them all back to your main site: 1) Google+ 2) Facebook 3) Youtube.

For youtube, in addition to using your business info in the "About" Section, create 2-3 short videos, and link back to your site within the description of the video. The more videos, the better.

5) Create 1-2 link building campaigns for your Facebook Page, your youtube account page, and for each of the videos you upload.

This should be enough to get nearly any business to the top of google in a fairly short time period in a local market.

LawnCareMan280
01-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Sweet!!!!!

Steve
01-10-2013, 01:38 PM
That is some great direction. I'd love to see some of the members experiment with this. Figure out where you rank now and then try some of these steps and then see how your rank changes over time. Keep us all posted on this too. We love to hear about it.

TroyValdez
02-06-2013, 11:48 AM
before you taking further step like BLC7 said maybe you should fix basic things on your site ie :

http://www.gopherforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5841&stc=1&d=1360173533

You can edit from the html template

EricS
02-06-2013, 07:15 PM
The page is visually pleasing. However there are issues that have been touched on like the lack of SEO, and the price you are paying. Personally I also find websites that advertise having been built with a "web builder" to look less professional, or cookie cutter. I may be a bit biased however, being a professional web developer before moving in to the landscaping field.

When it comes to SEO I personally like provide lots of keywords through out the page. I have relevant keywords in the title, meta tags, link titles, image alts and peppering them in through content. domain names, page names, and directory names are also a good way to get in relevant keywords. As are tag clouds.

I also like to link build on relevant websites. Local business directories are a free way to not only provide inbound links, but another free source of advertisement. The more popular the website, the better it is for your ranking. Eg. Yellowpages, Yelp, Craigslist, Angieslist, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Using these techniques I have been able to numerous sites in the number one position and when my landscaping website is done, i'm confident i will get the same results.