PDA

View Full Version : My Invention

LawnCareMan280
01-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi guys,

Well tomorrow I will be making a card board snow plow. It is for my bycycle. It may sound stupid but it is not. I am making a straight blade plow I would've made a v but I need a straight blade instead. I will take a picture tommrow when I make it.

LATER!

Travis

Cashin H&P
01-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Hi guys,

Well tomorrow I will be making a card board snow plow. It is for my bycycle. It may sound stupid but it is not. I am making a straight blade plow I would've made a v but I need a straight blade instead. I will take a picture tommrow when I make it.

LATER!

Travis

What happens when it gets wet? What will be your cutting edge? What is to stop the "cutting edge" from fraying on the rough ground? How will you keep snow from bending the plow? Will you be using this on "customers" driveways?

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
cmon guy cardboard?

Go get a 30" snow pusher shovel. The kind that looks like a little plastic plow. Then rig it to the front of your bike.

Your going to want it to angle since you wont have traction to push it straight on.

Either way it will be less effective then your blower or just a plain old shovel.

willshome
01-02-2013, 06:58 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8zZkyLTfLPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/reIHx1ozxYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mayor of Mow Town
01-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a creative idea Travis!

You'll have to post some pictures for us, and let us know how it works out.

Did you know someone has also invented a waterproof cardboard bike? - http://www.businessinsider.com/20-cardboard-bike-headed-to-market-2012-10

dpld
01-02-2013, 08:40 PM
really? a snow plow made of cardboard for a bicycle ? really?:confused:
what are you gonna use to attach it to the bike? poster tubes?:o
just make sure you mount a first aid kit on that old bicycle because it sure sounds like your gonna need it.:rolleyes:

CHEESE2009
01-02-2013, 11:19 PM
When I was 12, I melted chocolate bars on light bulbs and licked sugar off carpets.

... I'm pretty sure I was on to something... or just on something.

dpld
01-03-2013, 08:10 AM
When I was 12, I melted chocolate bars on light bulbs and licked sugar off carpets.

... I'm pretty sure I was on to something... or just on something.

maybe i am old and it has been a while since i was twelve but i would think if this kid is aspiring to have his own landscape business and based on what he see's in real life around him as well as what he reads here, i would think he has enough information to make a little more sense then card board on a bicycle for a snow plow.

my thought process as a parent tells me that either this kid is smarter then he leads us on to believe and he is messing with us as well as at his age should not even be here to begin with, or, he really is just a simple everyday 12 year old that does not know his butt from his elbow and still should not be here to begin with.

my son is 9 and my daughter is 10 and they would not be allowed on a computer alone and they still will not be when they are 12.

i know it is all cute and aspiring to see a twelve year old interested in the business but 12 year olds should be going to school and playing with their friends like twelve year olds do.
at twelve years old his life has not even began yet and still has every opportunity in the world awaiting him if he so chooses and he should be focusing on that instead.

i ask, am i alone on this? am i the only one who feels like this?
where my parents wrong when i longed for the day to grow up and be a policeman like my dad and they did not give me a pistol, billyclub and a can of mace to go out and get a head start patrolling the streets for criminal's and wrong doer's at 12 years old?

call me crazy or what you will but grown @zz men should not be conversing with 12 year old boys on the internet.
what's next? the FBI flooding up to your door looking for a van that says free candy on it.

i mean no disrespect for you travis and if you are indeed a twelve year old and you feel landscaping is your calling then i say learn all you can and hold onto that dream little man because your time will come and it will come sooner then you think.
and please forgive me for being abrupt but we have laws on the books about minors being on the internet and in this day and age one can never be too careful in dealing with minors on the internet or even minors in general.

sorry, but that is the way i feel and i don't mean any disrespect.

Cashin H&P
01-03-2013, 08:21 AM
maybe i am old and it has been a while since i was twelve but i would think if this kid is aspiring to have his own landscape business and based on what he see's in real life around him as well as what he reads here, i would think he has enough information to make a little more sense then card board on a bicycle for a snow plow.

my thought process as a parent tells me that either this kid is smarter then he leads us on to believe and he is messing with us as well as at his age should not even be here to begin with, or, he really is just a simple everyday 12 year old that does not know his butt from his elbow and still should not be here to begin with.

my son is 9 and my daughter is 10 and they would not be allowed on a computer alone and they still will not be when they are 12.

i know it is all cute and aspiring to see a twelve year old interested in the business but 12 year olds should be going to school and playing with their friends like twelve year olds do.
at twelve years old his life has not even began yet and still has every opportunity in the world awaiting him if he so chooses and he should be focusing on that instead.

i ask, am i alone on this? am i the only one who feels like this?
where my parents wrong when i longed for the day to grow up and be a policeman like my dad and they did not give me a pistol to go out and get a head start patrolling the streets for criminal's and wrong doer's at 12 years old?

call me crazy or what you will but grown @zz men should not be conversing with 12 year old boys on the internet.
what's next? the FBI flooding up to your door looking for a van that says free candy on it.

i mean no disrespect for you travis and if you are indeed a twelve year old and you feel landscaping is your calling then i say learn all you can and hold onto that dream little man because your time will come and it will come sooner then you think.
and please forgive me for being abrupt but we have laws on the books about minors being on the internet and in this day and age one can never be too careful in dealing with minors on the internet or even minors in general.

sorry, but that is the way i feel and i don't mean any disrespect.

I fell the same way, I have no problem with a 12 year old wanting to be a landscaper and maybe doing the neighbors lawn, but when they think they are a company and are trying to advertise them selves, thats when I have a problem with it. When your on the internet cusing and yelling at people like in your other threades, you sould like a complete moron. What would your mom and dad think if they saw what you right.

I think you need to be blocked form this site, you have done nothing but lie about your age and your "company". You swear at the other members who are trying to give you solid advice (that you wont take) In general you act like the biggest punk on here.

Dpld makes a good point about he fact that we are grown men talking to a 12 year old.

CHEESE2009
01-03-2013, 11:38 AM
When you think of a kid working, the first job that almost always comes to mind is grass cutting; it's most likely been like this for many years now, and I'm pretty sure that it's not harming anybody.

Now, I understand that it's not pleasant to be disrespected, it's hardly necessary but it's something that happens; we all make a slip, and people should be able to overcome it, while also addressing the issue in a proper manner so that it doesn't happen again.

As for the lie about being older, I have no issue with this. It's an entire debate in itself. He had simply thought that this forum was restricted to adults, he was wrong - everybody wins!

Now, if he was 12 years old looking to purchase some liquor with a fake i.d, that would be frowned upon; at least wait until you are 15. ;)

-

When I was 12, I used the internet for worse things than an entrepreneur forum.

Live and Let Live.

Steve
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Here is a 12 year old who made a snow plow out of wood for his tractor.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MjYPWtqHWS0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dpld
01-03-2013, 03:15 PM
When you think of a kid working, the first job that almost always comes to mind is grass cutting; it's most likely been like this for many years now, and I'm pretty sure that it's not harming anybody.

Now, I understand that it's not pleasant to be disrespected, it's hardly necessary but it's something that happens; we all make a slip, and people should be able to overcome it, while also addressing the issue in a proper manner so that it doesn't happen again.

As for the lie about being older, I have no issue with this. It's an entire debate in itself. He had simply thought that this forum was restricted to adults, he was wrong - everybody wins!

Now, if he was 12 years old looking to purchase some liquor with a fake i.d, that would be frowned upon; at least wait until you are 15. ;)

-

When I was 12, I used the internet for worse things than an entrepreneur forum.

Live and Let Live.

i am not looking to squash any ones hopes and dreams and i certainly do not want to discourage or demean any one either but let's be realistic here.

this young lad has a short history here of stretching the truth which no matter which way you cut the cookie is a lie.
at twelve years old he should know full well what a lie is and have a pretty good understanding of right from wrong.

with that said, throw in other factors like age and it is just not right.

some of his posts seem as if he is trying to ask a stupid question to get a rise out of us like he is pretending to be a little kid.
does anyone really know for sure that he is in fact a twelve year old kid or are you just assuming that is the case and applying your sympathy and admiration accordingly?

i am old enough to say when i was his age we would come up with some silly plan to make a snow plow out of card board because when we were kids that was all there was.
we were not privy to the information that is available today nor was it as easy to obtain.
and he clearly has internet access.

plus, the question is not whether it can really be done because you could make a boat out of duct tape if you wanted to the question would be, why?.

buy the time you make your cardboard plow and go through the painstaking process of seeing that the bike is not heavy enough, gets no traction and the plow folds like a cheap tent you could have busted out the shovel and did it the old fashioned way and saved yourself a boat load of your time and energy.

if he is in fact 12 years old then i would suggest buying some extra shovels and recruit some of his young friends and go out and learn how to make money the old fashioned way, working for it.
if he wants to learn how to enterprise himself then he needs to apply his focus on getting work and finding practical means of getting it done and how to employ people and manage getting it done.
not wasting his time making cardboard plows for bicycles.

i would rather say the hard truth and tell it like it is then sugar coat it and lead him to believe he is on to something that would only result in him looking further like a fool.

granted there are young people on here starting out and older people like myself who are more established and some may even know more then others and some may not, but i think we all have a obligation to show the less informed how to be a professional landscaper.
being professional is how you become successful and showing up to someones house with a cardboard snow plow on a bicycle is not professional no matter what age you are.

avetslawncare
01-03-2013, 09:54 PM
You all make valid points... on a side note, I was 12 when I started mowing lawns....by the age of 13, I did over 20 yards....bought a golf cart and pulled a 5 X 8 trailer.....when I first started, I weed eater with scissors and edged with that electric black & decker....gotta start somewhere.... but cardboard? just not realistic.... guess we would have people like him advice, instead of squash him... at that age, they should really stick with a shovel, in my opinion.

LawnBoy0311
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Tomorrow i am making a paper airplane so i can fly around and see you guys. Then slam some beers, and fly on to my next destination. Ill send you pictures when i get done with the build.

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Tomorrow i am making a paper airplane so i can fly around and see you guys. Then slam some beers, and fly on to my next destination. Ill send you pictures when i get done with the build.

Ill be by long island sound in a Styrofoam aircraft carrier. Feel free to come aboard. Ill need a few crew since I'm going pirate.