PDA

View Full Version : Snow Beast 45" Snow Blower

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-01-2013, 10:57 PM
Anyone know anything about beast equipment? I'm kinda interested in this blower but I'm worried about it being a HD unit.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/4f/4fc45d9c-5ab6-4252-a254-bba56853aac7_300.jpg

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Outdoor-Power-Equipment-Snow-Equipment-Snow-Blowers/Snow-Beast/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbxc5Z777/R-202528547/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=99&langId=-1&storeId=10051#.UOOy3XcejCE

bruces
01-01-2013, 11:18 PM
never seen anything like that up here at home depot ,but if you read the reviews in the link you provided it appears to be a turd .How does it look against the craftsman one or the mtd ones ? .I like the price and size of the unit though .

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-01-2013, 11:28 PM
I have never seen one either. Theres one on CL for $950. I did read the HD reviews and a few were just cause they had to assemble and a few were minor issues. Not sure if its china made or what.

The only reason I'm interested is the size and price. I'm looking at 30"+ blowers and atv's with plows. From my own experience anything over 26" is heavy. So if Im gonna get something heavy mine as well get something that clears the whole sidewalk with one pass.

bruces
01-02-2013, 12:09 AM
in Canada ,there are several models that are about the same size .Craftsman has one ,mtd ,troy built ,and several house brands of rebranded mtd .Not sure if they are the same on your side of the fence .I dont know anybody that has purchased one of the big guys ,but I did drool over them many years ago when they came out ,untill I realised my plow was quicker,warmer,and my dog could keep me company if he wanted.I bought a smaller blower as I felt it better worked with my operation ,but have hardly used it at all .

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-02-2013, 12:37 AM
in Canada ,there are several models that are about the same size .Craftsman has one ,mtd ,troy built ,and several house brands of rebranded mtd .Not sure if they are the same on your side of the fence .I dont know anybody that has purchased one of the big guys ,but I did drool over them many years ago when they came out ,untill I realised my plow was quicker,warmer,and my dog could keep me company if he wanted.I bought a smaller blower as I felt it better worked with my operation ,but have hardly used it at all .

I have a few Toro 22" 2 strokes that are light. Easy for one guy to grab out the back of the truck. Then I have a 4 cycle mtd thats 26" but it takes 2 guys or ramps to get it out.

I have two apt complexes that have 5' sidewalks. I dont want to make 2-3 passes to clear it but I might be better off just using what I have. I been real lucky getting little to no sidewalks in the past.

I believe I seen this rebranded as a Stanley. I have seen a bunch of 36" mtd, murray, troy builts but nothing this large that wasnt mounted on a tractor.

bruces
01-02-2013, 01:14 AM
I did a quick search on the Canadian Tire website ,and found the troy built .I couldnt get a link to work so just search yourself for the snowblowers and you can see it there .The price is crazy ,but the machine comes with 4 years warranty

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-02-2013, 01:26 AM
I did a quick search on the Canadian Tire website ,and found the troy built .I couldnt get a link to work so just search yourself for the snowblowers and you can see it there .The price is crazy ,but the machine comes with 4 years warranty

That makes me think its made by MTD then. The reviews arent that good there either. The one at HD has a 5 yr warranty but HD doesnt do the work.

Its looking like if I get a blower Ill get a Ariens. I havent ruled out the atv either.

Steve
01-02-2013, 12:09 PM
I do wonder if it is going to be too big to move around, load, or unload. Also, is it a regular snow blower that has been extended? If so, will it fail sooner rather than later?