PDA

View Full Version : Mentor wanted (Maryland)

Billy Goat
12-31-2012, 01:32 PM
I am in search of a mentor in the lawn care business. I prefer a person in Central Maryland. One that has been in the lawn care business for a few years and understands Maryland's law when it comes to running a legit lawn care business. Able to answer specific questions when it comes to offering a range of services other than just cutting grass. Knowing what you can and can not do and when a licensed professional is required.

I know I can contact local agencies for specific answers to my questions but having a mentor in the business would greatly help me. Knowing what I have to have starting out and what I need to do if I want to expand my services in the future.

Free consultation would be great but, I am willing to compensate you for picking your brain within reason of course. You can post a reply or send me a private message.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-31-2012, 04:15 PM
This is going to be hard to find locally. Any successful person in this business will continue to run their venture even if their health declines. They'll just bring in employees and micromanage behind a desk. Even if you get info it wont be completely honest as your a competitor.

Your best bet is to find a retired person or someone who dabbled for a few years and moved in a different direction. A older retired person would be the best bet because chances are theyre lonely and wouldnt mind spending time talking.

A lot of the info is available at your local town hall and possibly state websites. You can even call DEP/EPA and theyll send a packet of info and you can even get a guy to come out and talk to you.

Billy Goat
12-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Your best bet is to find a retired person or someone who dabbled for a few years and moved in a different direction. A older retired person would be the best bet because chances are theyre lonely and wouldnt mind spending time talking.

Yes your probably right, a retired person would be my best bet or someone that use to be in the business and doesnt mind telling me their experience. Thanks for your reply.

Steve
01-01-2013, 12:53 PM
Also have you thought about joining any of the local, county, or even state lawn care business associations?

http://www.mnlaonline.org/
http://www.lcamddcva.org/

cantinadriver
01-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Here is another source for information on and about the green industry
www.landcarenetwork.org also known as PLANET
It is worth the membership.

stevef1201
01-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Contact Score at

www.score.org/

They are a group of retired cusiness executives who will help you