PDA

View Full Version : Upcharge yards with pets?

Billy Goat
12-22-2012, 02:44 AM
I was wondering does anyone upcharge yards with pets? Some yards are loaded with pet crap and it is hard to avoid every landmine. It can become messy if you know what I mean.

Mowin4Dollas
12-22-2012, 08:49 AM
You signed up for yard care. It's annoying but it is a part of our job. Upcharging for that is absolutely rediculous. If it gets on your tires either blow it off or make a few passes in a "landmine" clear area. It will come off.

bruces
12-22-2012, 10:42 AM
we upcharge for dog crap when we price the yard out ,and tell them we would knock a few bucks off if the crap is cleaned up before we arrive .I use a hockey stick to move the crap before running our equipment through it .

dpld
12-22-2012, 11:01 AM
when i did residential we charged a small fee to pick up the droppings and i think it worked out to be 5 to 10 dollars depending on the size of the yard.

we did so not because we cared about running it over or stepping in it but it made a bigger mess as well as spread it all over he place and made it even more difficult to clean up after we pan caked it into the grass.

the fee did nothing for us as far as profits go and really had no bearing on the overall cost of the job to deter the customers from paying it.
all we did was compensate for the 15 minutes or so it would take to thoroughly patrol the yard and put it in a bag and toss it in their garbage.

most people with pets would not even blink at the 5 to 10 dollars a week for someone to clean up after their dog so they would not have to do it themselves.

i also think it is very unprofessional to run it over and make a bigger mess, you either clean it up first and charge a little something or you clean it up and throw it in with your service, but either way you need to clean it up.