PDA

View Full Version : How Louis CK runs his business

Steve
12-20-2012, 11:56 AM
For those of you who are fans of the comedian Louis C.K.. Here is a great video on how he deals with contracts and got his show going.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ssfEzWn3Mbk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hearing how he did it may expand your view on contract negotiations.

willshome
12-20-2012, 01:14 PM
I wish I had customers that would give me $500 a month and just let me do my thing. Like mulch when I want or take out a bush (just for looking at me funny)

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-20-2012, 01:31 PM
I wish I had customers that would give me $500 a month and just let me do my thing. Like mulch when I want or take out a bush (just for looking at me funny)

well he said in the contract they have all the say but since everything is working out they give him leeway.

I use to work with a PM company that never bothered me one bit but this year I was underbid on about 7 of their properties. They were real easy to work with.

I have a contract with a hotel for the 3rd year in a row. They like to tell me when to trim the bushes and other random things. Its pretty annoying it got to the point when I wouldve normally did something I would just wait for the order instead. But I can deal with it there good payers and loyal.

I think steve was more on the its easier to say no if you dont want it part. I have this same philosophy. If theres a job you really want your more then willing to negotiate your price then say a job out of the way. I get about 50% of the jobs I refuse to budge on price.

Steve
12-24-2012, 10:09 AM
It is fascinating how the less you want something, the potential more you can get paid to do it and the more freedom you can have in performing the job.