PDA

View Full Version : I made it... :)

Moki
12-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Holy schit I made it...........

Thats right guys I made it thru my first year of doing a grounds care business even scoring a $10,000/year raise starting this Jan from my largest account.

Yep it is hard to believe I have made it thru the year I have never had to work harder but I have never enjoyed myself working like I did this year.

I even had time off to go do a bit of hunting each week since Sept.

I will say that this site had a lot to do with boosting my moral when I first started out got me going gave me ideas helped me bid on jobs...

What can I say other than thank you for the support and I have to apologize when it came together I didn't have time to even think about posting on this site.

I started this business in Sept 2011 by puttting ads in my local paper I scored my first large townhouse complex Dec 15 that started Jan 3 2012 I now have one full time employee and more equipment than I ever dreamt I could put together in such a short time.

I have had up to 6 guys working for me on other jobs we shoveled and moved over 130 yrds of bark mulch it crazy how fast things have come together.

I'm still not putting tons of cash in the bank but that is only because I have been buying so much equipment.

Anyway I will end with thank you GopherHaul info on this site and insight from posters helped me get to where I am today...

:D

Steve
12-17-2012, 12:44 PM
That is fantastic news!

Thats right guys I made it thru my first year of doing a grounds care business even scoring a $10,000/year raise starting this Jan from my largest account.

How did that all work out? Did you increase a bid price or did the customer just come out and say you did a great job, we are paying you more next year?

I will say that this site had a lot to do with boosting my moral when I first started out

How do you feel the forum helped boost your morale? What kinds of situations did you experience that tested your desire to push through and do this?

Also, what advice would you have to share with others just starting out when it comes to keeping your moral high?