PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist Find

FreedomYardService
12-15-2012, 11:45 PM
I picked up this mower today that I found on craigslist for $60. Its a Mclane mower with a Honda motor. It starts up with no problems, and runs great. It has 5 speeds and a crank adjustment. I am doing a tune up on it and found one of the belts cracked. I can not find any info on the web about this mower and was wondering if someone may know were to go. The model number is 21-5h-sp I am really curious to find out the model number on the actual engine. I cant locate any model numbers on the actual engine.

turf&tree
12-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Go to sears parts direct. I was able to look up all the parts for it just now. You can also google the model number you posted like I did.
The Honda model number should be stamped into the block. You might need to wash/degrease the engine. Sometimes I have to use a small telescoping mirror I bought at the auto parts store. And a flashlight. It will be there somewhere.
Also sometimes they are under the carb.

Steve
12-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Nice find! Keep us posted on how it works out.

FreedomYardService
12-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Go to sears parts direct. I was able to look up all the parts for it just now. You can also google the model number you posted like I did.
The Honda model number should be stamped into the block. You might need to wash/degrease the engine. Sometimes I have to use a small telescoping mirror I bought at the auto parts store. And a flashlight. It will be there somewhere.
Also sometimes they are under the carb.

I was able to find the model number after cleaning the motor. It is a GXV-140.

Thank you for your advice.