PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

stevef1201
12-13-2012, 02:29 PM
I am in my fourth year, and I want to stop using my name for a business name.

You know - JOE BLOW LAWN CARE- there are hundreds of those.

I was thinking that because I also offer flower bed care, hedge trimming, tree pruning, and pressure washing I should use something a little more descriptive.

So I came up with

Beyond Just Lawns

Haven't come with a slogan or catch phrase but still working on it.

Would appreciate any help, or comments you smart guy have.

Mayor of Mow Town
12-13-2012, 06:20 PM
What is it about your current name that makes you want to change it?

stevef1201
12-13-2012, 06:36 PM
Steve's Lawn Care

dpld
12-13-2012, 06:55 PM
Steve's Lawn Care

there is nothing wrong with your name or using your own name for that matter.

no one can take your name away from you.

i know a dude in my area that goes by the name steves lawn care and he has like 800 accounts and he is huge.

the name of your business is not gonna sell you work or find you work.
how you market it and execute your work as well as building a solid reputation of providing superior service at a fair price is what is gonna do that for you.

i use my name for my business and i compete with companies like savtree and savalawn and 900 hundred other guys with eco names and so forth and it has not stopped me from grossing over a half a mil.

anyone can come up with a 50 cent name and at the end of the day what really matters is what backs it up.

your name is fine, start marketing it better and focus your time and energy on more important things.

stevef1201
12-13-2012, 07:20 PM
there is nothing wrong with your name or using your own name for that matter.

no one can take your name away from you.

i know a dude in my area that goes by the name steves lawn care and he has like 800 accounts and he is huge.

the name of your business is not gonna sell you work or find you work.
how you market it and execute your work as well as building a solid reputation of providing superior service at a fair price is what is gonna do that for you.

i use my name for my business and i compete with companies like savtree and savalawn and 900 hundred other guys with eco names and so forth and it has not stopped me from grossing over a half a mil.

anyone can come up with a 50 cent name and at the end of the day what really matters is what backs it up.

your name is fine, start marketing it better and focus your time and energy on more important things.

OK maybe your right, I do this every year at about this time, must be due to the down time.

Steve
12-14-2012, 12:57 PM
I do this every year at about this time

Are you thinking your business name is holding you back?

Have you sat down and wrote out a list of the pro's and con's to your current name vs changing your name?

stevef1201
12-14-2012, 03:47 PM
How about something like

Steve's Complete Landscape Maintenance
Lawns - Hedges - FLower beds - Trees
"Your year 'round maintenance company"

dpld
12-14-2012, 05:40 PM
How about something like

Steve's Complete Landscape Maintenance
Lawns - Hedges - FLower beds - Trees
"Your year 'round maintenance company"

how about, STEVE"S LAWN CARE
Complete Four Season Property Care

its short and sweet and says it all.

stevef1201
12-14-2012, 08:20 PM
how about, STEVE"S LAWN CARE
Complete Four Season Property Care

its short and sweet and says it all.

Steve's Lawn Care
Complete Year 'round Property Care

we dont have 4 seasons here we have summer fall spring. but I do offer free snow removal for any year round customer

dpld
12-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Steve's Lawn Care

we dont have 4 seasons here we have summer fall spring. but I do offer free snow removal for any year round customer

funny, i was too stupid to look up on the top right and see you were in Florida.:(

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Steve's Lawn Care

thats funny... One day Florida is going to get a blizzard and your going to catch sh*t. lol.

stevef1201
12-15-2012, 07:54 AM
[/B]
thats funny... One day Florida is going to get a blizzard and your going to catch sh*t. lol.

True it did snow in 1977, about 1/4 inch, then the sun came out and it melted about 8 AM

Steve
12-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Steve, where are you at now with your thoughts on your business name?