PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with?

jasonw
12-12-2012, 03:14 PM
All your equipment in the off season? Do you just leave it on the trailer ready to go for next year or.........? I fit as much as I can in my workshop but some I have to leave outside, for the most part I unload the entire trailer for winter "not sure why though" As you can see I just have the box from my truck bed and some junk in it now. Would it hurt anything to leave it loaded? I worry about water, even more in summer I worry about the sun damage. I even unload it in summer if I won't be working for a few days.

Matther777
12-12-2012, 04:36 PM
From my experience it seems if equipment is left outside then it rains or snow. it will flood the carbs and makes it very difficult to start. My opinion is keep doing what you are doing.

Steve
12-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Would one of those car port tents help keep the elements off your equipment in the off season?

http://www.zsqts.com.cn/product-photo/2009-04-25/83e90ee3df0fa46ffdab00e51953ab6b/Steel-Carport.jpg

LawnCareMan280
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Winterize your equipment by A: putting fuel stabalizer in your mowers to prevent coroded gas lines. But on your trimmers this is what I would do. Find a bucket to drain some of the gasoline from the trimmer then run it till it is bone dry. For your mowers you can drain the engine oil and get an oil draining pan and bring it to your local village garage and they will dispose it. Hoped this helped!

SECTLANDSCAPING
01-15-2013, 05:16 PM
I have my toolbox in the same spot right now. I put all my trimmers, chainsaws, blowers, in the basement. All my push mowers, snow blowers, pressure washers in the shed. Then my trailer is loaded with the big mowers. I double tarp it and put blocks under the frame. This stops flat spots in the tires and keeps the weight off the axles. I then park a plow, truck, or skid in front of it. So it doesnt go no where. I also GPS my big equipment. I even thought of a security camera.

LawnBoy0311
01-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Fuel stabilizer in the mowers, drain the gas from the trimmers/blowers and run those suckers dry.

The trailer is parked in my garage so I'm not worried about it. My security is my 2 dogs and a few shotguns.