PDA

View Full Version : Do's and Don'ts of Door hangers

cuttingedgeron
12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I have read a ton of info and was wondering what you guys would not do and what you would do with a door hanger. Don't and dos to what to put on them and get a better turn around from them.

I have even thought about putting some people at a beach relaxing, but not sure if that would just confuse some people. What are you guys concerns?

Cashin H&P
12-07-2012, 02:56 PM
I personaly do not do any type of advartising like this, I found it to be inaffective.

patrick6411
12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Steve has posted some great examples of pretty good door hangers. I don't have the link but I know if you search at the top right.

Steve
12-10-2012, 12:45 PM
I have read a ton of info and was wondering what you guys would not do and what you would do with a door hanger. Don't and dos to what to put on them and get a better turn around from them.

In general it seems the consensus of the forum has been that you shouldn't put prices on a door hanger.

One of the door hanger methods we have seen that worked really well was with one of our members who had I think it was 6 to 8 different designs for different services that he would drop off at a house depending on a service he saw they could use.

For instance, he had one for tree cutting, stump grinding, landscaping, lawn care, etc.

When he was able to target a home with a service he felt they could use, he improved his chances of getting the sale.

Also, putting a eye catching headline on the top seems to work a lot better than putting your company name at top.

It's better to grab the potential customer's attention first and near the bottom, have your company name or logo.

Does this help?

cuttingedgeron
12-11-2012, 12:09 PM
In general it seems the consensus of the forum has been that you shouldn't put prices on a door hanger.

One of the door hanger methods we have seen that worked really well was with one of our members who had I think it was 6 to 8 different designs for different services that he would drop off at a house depending on a service he saw they could use.

For instance, he had one for tree cutting, stump grinding, landscaping, lawn care, etc.

When he was able to target a home with a service he felt they could use, he improved his chances of getting the sale.

Also, putting a eye catching headline on the top seems to work a lot better than putting your company name at top.

It's better to grab the potential customer's attention first and near the bottom, have your company name or logo.

Does this help?

yeah sure does. Thanks for the help Steve.