PDA

View Full Version : Another Newb here.. :-)

TurfWerks
12-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm Ricky, I have a small Lawn business called Turf Werks. I am starting from nothing at the moment. I have 15+ years exp in spraying and fertilizing. I've worked for 2 companies in my local area, one being very large, and the other was very small and grew enormously in the 3 years I was there. I decided it was time to fend for myself.

I signed up here just looking to share ideas and get see what everyone else does. I am considering Gopher Software for my billing and scheduling. Ive been using real green for years, at the 2 former employers. So Im still up in the air.

Ricky

Steve
12-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Hi Ricky,

Welcome to our forum!

What factors do you attribute to that second company expanding so fast and do you feel you can recreate them?

TurfWerks
12-04-2012, 02:28 PM
I really feel like a lot had to do with my knowledge and understanding of the local market. I brought in my 10+ years knowledge to a business that was 2 years old and the owner only had the 2 years experience.

Steve
12-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I brought in my 10+ years knowledge to a business that was 2 years old and the owner only had the 2 years experience.

Did you suggest any business policy changes or procedures that improved the operations or profitability of the business?

sharplawnsturf
12-08-2012, 05:56 AM
i'm in the same boat. started working for others in the fert and weed control business in 1994. i started on my own mid season this year.

i have went with gopher software as well, i liked the chemical tracking on it much better than some of the competition software in the same price range. not to mention i like the one price i paid for gopher over something with monthly fees.

using the computer while out in the field kinda slows me down a little bit, but can cut down on the amount of data entry at the end of the day.. :). i'm still trying to figure out the most effecient way to use this software for chem apps, but overall, for the money it seems like a good program for a startup company.. and you can demo it first.

Hey Guys and Gals,
I'm Ricky, I have a small Lawn business called Turf Werks. I am starting from nothing at the moment. I have 15+ years exp in spraying and fertilizing. I've worked for 2 companies in my local area, one being very large, and the other was very small and grew enormously in the 3 years I was there. I decided it was time to fend for myself.

I signed up here just looking to share ideas and get see what everyone else does. I am considering Gopher Software for my billing and scheduling. Ive been using real green for years, at the 2 former employers. So Im still up in the air.

Ricky