PDA

View Full Version : Identity Theft Alert

stevef1201
12-03-2012, 01:36 PM
I got hit today by identity theft, someone used my debit card number to order almost 2000 worth of stuff from walmart.com. I saw it when I went to pay some bills this morning. I called waslmart.com, the bank, the local sheriffs office and the FBI (because of the computer crime). The bank said they would reverse the charge, walmart said they would stop the transaction. The only place I used the card where someone could have gotten the number was at a local restuarant.

Check your accoutns everyday ( I do) and you will be able to stop this quickly.

Now Mad as hell.:(

The good note is I went on several estimates, got a hedge job for 300, a pressure washing job for 125, and a yard clean up for 100, all this week.:)

happy again

Steve
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I am sorry about that happening. A few of my friends had very similar experiences. Let us know how it turns out.

LawnBoy0311
12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Good thing you caught it soon! My father and mother-in-law also got hit a few months ago. I check my account daily just to be safe.

On a side note, congrats on all the upcoming jobs!

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-03-2012, 05:23 PM
that sucks.... I got hit up for $200 at starbucks in seatle while I was at the bank making a deposit.

stevef1201
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
On a further note If you get hit with an internet scam, whether like this some other type, and live in the united states you can go to www.IC3.gov to file the complaint. It is the website that the FBI has for reporting internet crime.

patrick6411
12-03-2012, 06:51 PM
I got hit about three months ago. A guy purchased 7 movie tickets and 2k worth of polo crap. My bank reversed everything and refunded my account. The thing that really sucked was we were at a family outing with all of my wife's family, I was paying for supper. My card was declined and I looked bad, now it is a joke with everybody. LOL

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-03-2012, 11:37 PM
The crazy part about mine was that they actually made my card and used it in store. These scam artist are crafty.

patrick6411
12-04-2012, 06:59 AM
If they applied the skills to making an honest living they would be rich.

The Cleaning Doctor
12-04-2012, 11:55 AM
One more reason to use a prepaid debit card and only pudt money on there when you need it. The rest is in cash, I have no incentive to keep it in a bank, they do not give me anything for the use of it.