PDA

View Full Version : Lawncare trailer

Naylor's Lawncare
12-02-2012, 07:49 PM
This trailer started out as 6'4" x 10' flat bed trailler with a 2x3 tube frame with angle iron sides.I bought it new in 2000 and always wanted to get this work done to it.Now it has 2x2 sides and solid metal that are full 2' tall.The picture im showing are building new gates.Not fished needs mesh but getting there.I started building trimmer racks tonight but not finished will post them later.Its nice to have a friend who loves to build stuff and owns lots of metal fabricating tools.This is him in pics welding.This first one is side gate being buillt

Naylor's Lawncare
12-02-2012, 07:54 PM
This is rear double gate being built.

Steve
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
That trailer is looking awesome. Can you show us how it looks with all your equipment on it? And how you utilize the side gate.

Naylor's Lawncare
12-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I still have to get the mesh for the gates.The side gate will make it work with two walk behinds mowers because the trailer is so short.36" pulled on sideways and 52 pulled straight on rear.With the side gate i should not have to move rear mower to get the front one off.I should have triimer rack and rake holder done by end of week.Ill post more pics of it shortly.

SECTLANDSCAPING
12-03-2012, 07:55 PM
What size angle iron did you use? I'm doing the same thing this winter.

I picked up a 4x8 sheet of expanded thats 6 gauge for $45 at a auction.

The other thing is I'm going to go horizontal with my supports and not vertical like you did. My mower is 1350 and I'm 225. I dont want the expanded to sag under the wheels.

Naylor's Lawncare
12-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I used all 2x2 square tubing on rear gate except for the end piece i used 2x3 angle so there would'nt be a bump getting on to the ramp.All the angle iron gates end up bending thats why i built it with 2x2 square stock.Side gate i used 2x2 suare but put 2x2 angle in the middle because thats all i had left.I figured a little walk behind would'nt be that bad on it.

LawnCareMan280
12-15-2012, 10:06 AM
This trailer started out as 6'4" x 10' flat bed trailler with a 2x3 tube frame with angle iron sides.I bought it new in 2000 and always wanted to get this work done to it.Now it has 2x2 sides and solid metal that are full 2' tall.The picture im showing are building new gates.Not fished needs mesh but getting there.I started building trimmer racks tonight but not finished will post them later.Its nice to have a friend who loves to build stuff and owns lots of metal fabricating tools.This is him in pics welding.This first one is side gate being buillt

Question why do you have the trailer ramp on the side?

turf&tree
12-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Nice work your a great fabricator. That is a tiny trailer. I used to buy open trailers but went to continental cargo closed last year. Tons more room, shelving, e-track on 3 sides with cargo buckle retractable straps. I also use Trailer racks brand trimmer racks, the best on the market especially if your using an open trailer. I have never seen a better locking system!!!
Backpacks hang on trailer racks bp blower rack.
We use much bigger trailers because we do a lot more than mowing and need room for fert,aerators, topdresser, etc. keeps everything dry too.
Keep up the good work.

Naylor's Lawncare
12-16-2012, 09:08 PM
The side gate is there so i dont have to start up the mower on the back to get smaller mower off the front.For an answer for the the guy with enclosed trailer.I agree with you on enclosed trailer.Thats what i want but this is what i could afford to start with.I built my own trimmer rack and hand tool holder just havent got pictures yet.When deer season is over ill build blower rack and put more pics on here.

Steve
12-17-2012, 01:36 PM
How many man hours do you think it took in total to do? Also for those thinking about doing this themselves, how much should they be prepared to spend for the metal?

Naylor's Lawncare
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Two guys could do this in a day if you have all the material .For the price the only part a bought was rear gate frame was about 130.The mesh for both gates is 230 i still have to get it.The side gate the trimmer rack and blower rack i scraped off a job.I traded a old range finder for the square tubing for sides. The flat metal for the sides i drove wrecker for about two hours for it.If you had to buy a welder and saws it probally would be cheaper to buy it done.But i have a friend who has it all and loves to build stuff.I just come up with a design and start cutting and laying it out and he'll weld it all together.

Naylor's Lawncare
12-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Here's a couple pics of my trimmer rack i just got finished.Holds three trimmers and on back of it i made a place for all of my long handle tools.Blower rack is next.Might be a minute hunting is realy good right now and are first workable snow exspected in two days.

Steve
12-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Blower rack is next.Might be a minute hunting is realy good right now and are first workable snow exspected in two days.

I look forwards to seeing the blower rack and how you design it.

Also, consider creating another post to show us some of your hunting world!