PDA

View Full Version : new guy

kslawn
12-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey there, Kris from K&S Lawn saying hello...I just registered to the forum yesterday... i've been in the lawn & snow plowing business for about 25 yrs now.I started in southeastern Michigan & worked 14 yrs there & started my own business in 2002 in the UP of Michigan.I like to hunt & fish a lot & do some four wheeling,snow mobiling etc; I have got a lot of really good info from this site & posts that I've read & am looking forward to the forum, thumbs up to all!!!!

Cashin H&P
12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Hey there, Kris from K&S Lawn saying hello...I just registered to the forum yesterday... i've been in the lawn & snow plowing business for about 25 yrs now.I started in southeastern Michigan & worked 14 yrs there & started my own business in 2002 in the UP of Michigan.I like to hunt & fish a lot & do some four wheeling,snow mobiling etc; I have got a lot of really good info from this site & posts that I've read & am looking forward to the forum, thumbs up to all!!!!

Welcome abord!

Steve
12-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Hi Kris,

I bet that area is a real fun place to live.

With all your experience built up over the years, what areas are you looking to improve upon?

kslawn
12-05-2012, 03:57 PM
hey Steve, the main areas I would like to improve on & do a lot more of is fertalizing, & landscaping, the aerating & de-thatching have been picking up more every year as I teach my customers the benefits of what It does for the lawn, but there isnt a real big calling for new landscaping, & hardly any customers of mine have any irrigation systems installed so I'm been kicking that arround a little as well. Also I do a couple of cemeteries for neighboring townships & had a few grave sites I've done (colored rocks,borders etc) & will be advertizing for that this spring....looking forward to doing more!

Steve
12-06-2012, 02:13 PM
When you are out mowing your customers lawns, could you maybe draw up some landscape ideas or present them with some ideas on how they could improve the landscape in their yard?

We have seen many members here who were able to do that and turn those ideas into sales.

kslawn
12-06-2012, 07:58 PM
I never thought of drawing up a few landscape idea's & then presenting them to my customers,great idea!! thanks Steve...

Steve
12-07-2012, 12:36 PM
Keep us posted on how all that goes. Also keep reading on here and on my http://www.lawnchat.com blog. There are a lot more ideas.