PDA

View Full Version : New Member

dhray4
11-30-2012, 08:25 PM
My name is Daryl, I am a full time fireman and as most fireman I am always looking for a profitable part time business. I cut about 18 yards when I was in high school and got out of the business for a few years. Now I am married and my kids are getting to the age that I am ready to start getting back in the lawn care buisness. I enjoyed cutting grass in high school and I am now looking to make more of a business. I have a lot to learn about actually starting a business and managing it but so far it seems that there is a great deal of info on this site to help me in that area. At the time I only have 5 yards that I cut, however I am working on trying to get some year round contracts and possibly looking into bidding on some commercial contracts. I am always open for advise on the best route to take and on the steps I need to take to get things going in the right direction. I look forward to using this site.

cuttingedgeron
12-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome brother. Im a fireman as well. :)

Steve
12-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Hi Daryl,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you asked your current customer base for any referrals? Could you market to the neighbors of your current customer base to expand your route?