PDA

View Full Version : Website Or not?

LawnCareMan280
11-28-2012, 08:29 PM
Hi guys one question.
Since I am only 12 yes I confess I am 12 but should I get a website or not?:confused: please put your awensors here THANKS!

The Cleaning Doctor
11-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Well considering your age and the fact that you have to count on others to move around any distance, you should first concentrate on other methods of obtaining customers close to home. Then use this time to learn how to bid and operate your business at a profit. Not just that you are making money but that you are making enough money so that in the future you have the expenses covered as you expand. Learn how to figure out if and/or how much profit you are making. And by profit, that is what is left over after paying ALL of your expenses, including a wage for yourself.

willshome
11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
how long are you going to be doing this, just well in school?
If you think your gone to do it for longer you could get a domain from godaddy.com for like $8 a year and that comes with a one page basic site. when your older you could grow into a bigger site. The longer a domain is up the better

If you do make a site make it clear your young. Some people like that and others will be mad if you show up and are a kid

Steve
11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
You are a very bright kid and have a great business mind. If you are interested in making a website, why not. Explore as much as you want. You are the entrepreneur, you can do it.

I'd love to see what you create!

LawnCareMan280
11-29-2012, 05:59 PM
You are a very bright kid and have a great business mind. If you are interested in making a website, why not. Explore as much as you want. You are the entrepreneur, you can do it.

I'd love to see what you create!

Here steve I hadf made a website for my customers too see. Here I'll give you a link http://members.webs.com/MembersB/editAppPage.jsp?app=calendar&pageID=286647788#

Steve
11-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Travis check the link you post. Currently it's not working.

LawnCareMan280
11-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Travis check the link you post. Currently it's not working.

sorry about that I do not know why it is not working?

Steve
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I'd suggest you log out of your website and that way you should be able to see the address accessible by the public which we all should be able to view.

JesseN
12-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Definitely learn to build websites. It will pay off more in the long-run than just focusing on lawn care. A sound understanding of technology and how to incorporate it into your business will push you ahead of your competitors.

Also, props on being 12 and even knowing to come here for advice. I'm 25 and have learned as much from online message boards than my college education