PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Business pages

stevef1201
11-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Does anyone have a facebook page for their business?
Does it do you any good?
Do you get leads?
How would you rate the expense of advertising your page?
anything else you can think of?

I am looking at starting one but truly have no idea if it would help my business or not, nor how much it would cost me really.

A little help here please

CHEESE2009
11-20-2012, 12:47 PM
It's free.

It also helps you come up in Google searches.

Do it.

-

Also, Facebook is great for storing pictures and making albums your customers can browse.

patrick6411
11-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Google has put an importance on social media back links. To a FB biz page would defiantly help you on seo rankings.

Steve
11-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Google has put an importance on social media back links.

Is there any ranking of the different social medias that are more important to have back links from than others?

patrick6411
11-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Is there any ranking of the different social medias that are more important to have back links from than others?

I have no idea but I do know a few guys that are very high ranking and have twitter and facebook backlinks

stevef1201
11-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Do you "advertise" Your page?
I see that as a option from facebook
I dont understand what that means, who I would advertise to. I live in cental florida it would do no good to advertise to someone in seattle.

willshome
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
I dont understand what that means, who I would advertise to. I live in cental florida it would do no good to advertise to someone in seattle.

I would not run ads on FB a lot of business have stopped doing it because its a waste of money (if chevy found it was a waste you know its bad)

If you are looking to run ads online use google adwords only

SECTLANDSCAPING
11-25-2012, 10:02 PM
I have one but its for seo purposes only. I never heard I found you from facebook. Twitter is next to useless for both.

Our buddy "Ryobi" Weekendwarrior had 1000s of FB likes and a twitter feed. It wasnt helping him much.

LawnBoy0311
11-26-2012, 06:33 AM
I have one but its for seo purposes only. I never heard I found you from facebook. Twitter is next to useless for both.

Our buddy "Ryobi" Weekendwarrior had 1000s of FB likes and a twitter feed. It wasnt helping him much.

I think the same way. I thought about doing a facebook page, but it only seems it looks like "clutter" if you don't keep it up to date. Maybe disable comments or something?? I don't have time to go on and post everyday what I'm doing, nor do I want to. But, it is free and it is advertising. Getting tons of "Likes" is BS...request to be friends with a bunch of people in other countries and they all will "Like" your page.

Facebook Advertising is just like Google Adwords. You have to pay monthly for it. Like it was said before...don't waste your money on it. Many big name companies pulled out of it after no boost in sales. If you want to give it a shot, I think you can be area specific so you can only run your ad's in FL.

stevef1201
11-26-2012, 02:49 PM
I did some research on advertising through facebook and found guess what-its crap.
you are right if chevy Ford and chrysler dont then dont as you time.

I post once a week or so with usefull information and let people do what they want with it.

I have eleive it or not picked up one cutomer from facebook. Family member sho told me she didnt know I was doing lawn care.:D

Shark1611
11-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Does anyone have a facebook page for their business?
Does it do you any good?
Do you get leads?
How would you rate the expense of advertising your page?
anything else you can think of?

I am looking at starting one but truly have no idea if it would help my business or not, nor how much it would cost me really.

A little help here please

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/noworrieslawncare?fref=ts

Mine may look a bit stupid but it does bring in business.

Steve
11-27-2012, 04:14 PM
I have eleive it or not picked up one cutomer from facebook. Family member sho told me she didnt know I was doing lawn care

Well that is a good thing and I guess is an example of the importance of getting the word out about your business. So for that, facebook seemed to do well for you.

pburghlawns
12-01-2012, 05:48 PM
I also have one, here is the link. Feel free to like and add me as a friend as well! I also signed up for Google Business, So when you search aka, business name it comes up with my listing and contact info. I have recieved quite a few responses from doing these both

My Business Page on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/PlattsburghLawnCare?ref=hl

My Business Page on Google Plus+
https://plus.google.com/112308817753699235989/about?gl=us&hl=en

My Personal Page
http://www.facebook.com/kwyman89

lov2mow
12-02-2012, 08:13 AM
its good and its bad the bad is all your compition likes your page so that when your customers go there they see the compition.:mad:

Steve
12-03-2012, 02:32 PM
so that when your customers go there they see the compition

That's a good point.

What would you suggest to change this? Not 'like' local competitors or is there a better way to go about it?

JesseN
12-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Facebook pages are fantastic for SEO. My facebook page is on page two for my 2nd biggest term.

It's worth spending bout $50 on facebook ads just to get some fans above your friends an family. Get about 50 fans and then schedule out posts for about a month to fill up the page. If you fill out the description and everything with your keywords it will rank well

Twitter actually helps as well in the same way. You have to have a decent bit of content though

Steve
12-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Facebook pages are fantastic for SEO.

Did you test that at all? Like maybe put together the facebook page after you put together your website. And then see if the ranking improve?

JesseN
12-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Did you test that at all? Like maybe put together the facebook page after you put together your website. And then see if the ranking improve?

I have not tested facebook exclusively, but I have tested Facebook, Twitter, and G+ together and noticed significant improvements.

Facebook 100% of the time ranks better than my twitter and G+ pages so therefore I assume it provides the most rank power to my main sites.

Twitter on the other hand, I have been able to use for indexing my site in a short period of time by using high volume hash tags.

TroyValdez
01-17-2013, 04:19 AM

You can narrow it down base on your city. If you decide to use FB ads then you must filter or set it up how your ads will shows up. You can filter ads base on city or demographic.
example :
your website/service : lawncare in [city] then you can filter your ads to shows up only for FB members from that [city]. Not only that, as i know, you can filter it base on : Sex, age, household income, hobbies, etc. (cool isn't it?)
If you do filter your ads then you will get "laser targeted" audiences for your ads and cut off your expense.