PDA

View Full Version : Not once, but twice!

LawnBoy0311
11-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I just read this article. It really sucks getting equipment stolen! But having it happen twice? This guy didn't learn after the first time?

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21009106318842/firefighter-s-lawn-equipment-stolen-for-2nd-time/

Hopefully he will get some of it back, or at least find out who did it. Maybe next time his next expense will be some locks and chains.

Steve
11-20-2012, 12:40 PM
WOW that is a shame.

I'd say it is time for a security camera.

http://images04.olx.com/ui/20/13/49/1331694183_269840449_3-Security-Camera-Surveillance-System-DVR-in-Miami-and-Broward-Home-Office-Installation-Other-Services.jpg

LawnBoy0311
11-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Or a better wife!

Quote from the article: His wife, Aris Goss, never heard anything while she slept. "Did not hear a thing, which bugs me because I'm a very light sleeper, and I didn't hear a thing, so that's how I know they're good at what they do."

To the man this artcile was written about...if you are a member here...I'm sorry.

jasonw
11-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Darwin? I have never had so much as a grass clipping stolen but I have one camera monitoring my trailer and another watching the door to my workshop, motion detecting 24-7 and I keep no secrets about them, In fact when something happens in the neighborhood the police often knock on my door to see if my security cameras saw anything. They also have blinding green LED lights that run 24-7 so even a blind man will know they are there.

brian'slawncare
11-21-2012, 01:35 PM
What exactly did he do wrong here? All he could have done, was keep the keys to the mowers out of the trailer (which wouldn't help much), or put up a security camera, which usually isn't cheap...

jasonw
11-21-2012, 02:00 PM
What exactly did he do wrong here? All he could have done, was keep the keys to the mowers out of the trailer (which wouldn't help much), or put up a security camera, which usually isn't cheap...

My first security camera cost me $15 and the computer software to use it was free. It's hard to say not knowing the persons financial position, assuming he has a computer which 98% of Americans do then it is a good CYA method, even a cheap one.

thom
11-22-2012, 08:42 AM
My first security camera cost me $15 and the computer software to use it was free. It's hard to say not knowing the persons financial position, assuming he has a computer which 98% of Americans do then it is a good CYA method, even a cheap one.

Do you still use this camera?
If you do, where can I get one?

jasonw
11-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Do you still use this camera?
If you do, where can I get one?

No I have since gone much higher tech with my system but the camera was a simple Walmart Webcam, in fact I think it was a Logitech E3500 Also Google something like "Opened Source security camera software" Keep in mind a lot of this software if not all of it is VERY resource intensive and will bog your computer WAY down. I use a compleat stand alone computer for my security system, that way my YouTube addiction is not hindered by security cameras LOL:)

thom
11-22-2012, 10:56 AM
No I have since gone much higher tech with my system but the camera was a simple Walmart Webcam, in fact I think it was a Logitech E3500 Also Google something like "Opened Source security camera software" Keep in mind a lot of this software if not all of it is VERY resource intensive and will bog your computer WAY down. I use a compleat stand alone computer for my security system, that way my YouTube addiction is not hindered by security cameras LOL:)

What system are you presently using?