PDA

View Full Version : How to take this apart?

Jack Rabbit
11-19-2012, 07:33 PM
The pull cord broke on my Troybilt TB25CS line trimmer. It looks like you have to take it half apart to get in there. The cord goes in behind the red case. I can't get the case off without removing the spring loaded gadget (or can I? if so how?). Clutch? "Off" and a counterclockwise arrow indicate it can be screwed off but I can't see how to do that.

Anyone know how to remove that or haw to replace the pull cord?

bruces
11-19-2012, 10:44 PM
I have not played with troy built stuff since mtd got their hands on them .Can you post a few better pictures so we can help you ?I do think the clutch will have to be removed to get the blower housing off ,but I am just guessing from the picture .

stevef1201
11-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Well first of all get on your puter, type in what you want to know and you will get something like this
Remove the control handle by removing the torx screws (6), disconnect the throttle cable and the wires to the kill switch, pull the wires and the throttle cable out of the handle half. Remove the 3 torx screws from the plastic retainer holding the drive (boom) to the front of the clutch drive. The clutch drive has an allen screw in the inside of the drive hub socket, right hand thread. Stick a small screwdriver through the plastic housing into the flywheel cooling fins and loosen the hub screw. The expaning clutch shoe assembly is unscrewed ( right hand thread) from the shaft. I used a chisel and hammer to break it loose. Don't lose the washer under the clutch hub and the big washer under the expanding show assembly! Then remove the 4 torx machine screws and 1 coarse thread screw from the plastic housing and remove. Remove the speed nut (pry up with a screwdriver until it comes completely off), remove the metal cover and you can lift the rope pulley up once the tension is released from the spring without disturbing the spring. Install new rope and reasemble.

hopw it helps

Sprinkler Buddy
11-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Take some photos for yourself as your taking it apart, you can refer back to them if you need to when putting it back together.