PDA

View Full Version : Time For An Upgrade

LawnCareMan280
11-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Hi guys I was wondering do I need new aerator becaus I only got one for my city yards so please give me suggestions

bruces
11-16-2012, 11:38 PM
that chrome kawasaki racing machine you have pictured looks bad-*** ,can you post up a few pictures of you running that around a few yards ,that would be priceless .

LawnCareMan280
11-16-2012, 11:58 PM
that chrome kawasaki racing machine you have pictured looks bad-*** ,can you post up a few pictures of you running that around a few yards ,that would be priceless .

what are you talking about

SECTLANDSCAPING
11-17-2012, 12:07 AM

lol

I wouldnt get a aerator unless your getting a lot of calls for it. I barely get a request and its one of the few machines I dont own. I do have a crappy tow behind but its not something I can charge for. I line up my aeration jobs and rent a nice one and knock them all out in a day.

LawnCareMan280
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
lol

I wouldnt get a aerator unless your getting a lot of calls for it. I barely get a request and its one of the few machines I dont own. I do have a crappy tow behind but its not something I can charge for. I line up my aeration jobs and rent a nice one and knock them all out in a day.

Ya my customers said nothing so i won't get it

dpld
11-17-2012, 12:47 PM
lol

that is definitely the best option even if you have a lot of aerating jobs.
the weekly rental rate is not too bad and you can make a ton of money doing it and it is not like you do it all year long.
i mean aerating can be done anytime but most of the time from a pro landscaper standpoint it is done in the spring and fall and the machines are pretty expensive to tie up that kind of money into something you use for a couple weeks of the year.

turf&tree
11-17-2012, 08:05 PM
You can always buy used. I bought a used Ryan lawnaire 28 for $ 500 and put $ 1400.00 into it. It is a $ 7000.00 machine we sell a ton of aeration along with slit seeding and compost applications. I just bought a new compost applicator for $ 6000.00 what a moneymaker for people who want to do it right.

ringahding1
11-17-2012, 09:28 PM
Ya my customers said nothing so i won't get it

Sell them aeration jobs every opportunity you can, so you can than justify buying a used or new aerator.

Grass Doctor
11-17-2012, 11:30 PM
one of the best things people can do for their soil.
i add a several options to my lawn maintenance plan, for a few extras bucks every month i always tell to the customer, since u agreed to the year round maintenance plan i have this other options, that are healthy and beneficial for your turf, grass, i recommended you at least the soil aeration i charge regular xxxxx amount regular but for u its 30 dollars less and u get to pay it in parts. lets just add this extra 10.00 per month to the amount of the lawn service. impressive, i sold like 40 aeration jobs this fall season and like 60 in spring, just from my regulars and like 15 from one time service calls, just to aerate this is one of the best service i enjoy doing 20 mins im out bb 150.00 in my hand and see you babe.

you spend $2,700 in a weight relaying aerator ull be adding a couple of Gs every year,

this year ill try to get me a soil and compost spreader(just tier of shoveling.
compost spreading another option in my cafeteria plan it sells like hot bread.

:D

bruces
11-17-2012, 11:39 PM
what are you talking about

I am talking about the picture of the aerator you posted ,it looks like its chrome with kawasaki racing green wheels on it .I would like to see a picture of you running that around a few lawns if possible .

Grass Doctor
11-17-2012, 11:41 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EUF2MTc1Z_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

compost spreader i want to get

lawn aerator i want.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yy2jG6vdwHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LawnCareMan280
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
I am talking about the picture of the aerator you posted ,it looks like its chrome with kawasaki racing green wheels on it .I would like to see a picture of you running that around a few lawns if possible .

You know I got that of of google. But I have one of those but it is so crappy

Steve
11-20-2012, 12:10 PM
compost spreader i want to get

Now THAT is a compost spreader :)