PDA

View Full Version : Funny on the site moments?

TheGrassGuru
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
I know there has been an occurrence where something funny has happened on the job site. I will share one in hopes of reading others.

One year me and my amigos were aerating lawns. As a common practice we would mark the irrigation heads to prevent puncturing with the aerator. Well there was this one day when we had a huge account. 3 acres + and my amigo was looking around for the irrigation head around the middle of the lawn. I hit manual run to that station and come to find out it was right below him as he was standing there.... Needless to say he was walking around with a clean a$$ all day. Pretty funny... idk maybe you had to see it for the full effect lol.

CHEESE2009
11-13-2012, 03:38 AM
I was walking into the front yard of a clients home, but the gate snagged my shirt and it was torn off completely when I shut it, all within a split second.

I think four people in total died of laughter that day.

I miss that shirt.

Steve
11-13-2012, 11:25 AM
LOL great stories.

but the gate snagged my shirt and it was torn off completely when I shut it

I can see it now HAHAHHAHAHA

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/113/2f7d61c6033846ad9d9981ba26238781/l.jpg

Caskey Lawns & Landscapes
11-13-2012, 12:10 PM
I was mowing for a customer and she came out to talk ( as she always does, you have to luv the elderly customers ;) ) as she approached me I shut down my zero turn and being a pro :cool: I went to leap off the front to meet her and my T-shirt caught the handle sending me head over heels off the front::o:o:o:o:o I think she needed to go change out her depends when she stopped laughing......

CHEESE2009
11-13-2012, 12:21 PM
I was mowing for a customer and she came out to talk ( as she always does, you have to luv the elderly customers ;) ) as she approached me I shut down my zero turn and being a pro :cool: I went to leap off the front to meet her and my T-shirt caught the handle sending me head over heels off the front::o:o:o:o:o I think she needed to go change out her depends when she stopped laughing......

It happens to the best of us. I now never jump. When I jump, bad things happen.... and people laugh... :( lol

avetslawncare
11-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Well, being an infantry Vet, I tend to be a bit jumpy sometimes..yesterday, i was blowing off a deck and the homeowner taps me on my shoulder.... i turned around so quickly and raised the blower nozzle right in his face....embarrasing....he felt pretty bad

CHEESE2009
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Well, being an infantry Vet, I tend to be a bit jumpy sometimes..yesterday, i was blowing off a deck and the homeowner taps me on my shoulder.... i turned around so quickly and raised the blower nozzle right in his face....embarrasing....he felt pretty bad

I wish I had that excuse for some of my clients...

Other than that, sorry for what you are dealing with brother! :(

The Cleaning Doctor
11-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Well I used to install phone systems and our service consultant was on site while we were cutting over a new system and a gentleman came into the conference room that worked for the company that we were installing phones for. Well he proceeds to give her a hard time (teasing) and she just looks at him and asks if he rode the short bus to school.

After he left about 10 minutes later she looked up his name on the phone list...

He was the vice president of the company.... LOL

CHEESE2009
11-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Well I used to install phone systems and our service consultant was on site while we were cutting over a new system and a gentleman came into the conference room that worked for the company that we were installing phones for. Well he proceeds to give her a hard time (teasing) and she just looks at him and asks if he rode the short bus to school.

After he left about 10 minutes later she looked up his name on the phone list...

He was the vice president of the company.... LOL

That's HILARIOUS!!! I read this earlier and it stuck with me, then I was wondering where I remembered it from, so here I am again.. lol

What happened after?

The Cleaning Doctor
11-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Nothing. He was a good guy and could take some ribbing along with the rest of the crew. I have met some really down to earth CEO's on down and then there are always the exceptions. Met one guy that wanted service people to use the back door. He used to be an ambassador. Everyone was afraid of him. I always used the front door.

jbungard1856
12-04-2012, 01:18 AM
So I took my good friend out to help me with mowing one day. He had been laid off from his office job. Never did any kind of outdoor work at all. I had him push mowing the customers front yard. I was standing talking to the customer and she asked why he was walking so funny. I signaled him to come over to us. When he got there I asked if everything was ok. He replied Yeah I know why I got stuck with the front yard, its full of goose turds. He said he couldnt even step around them there were so many.....Poor guy never seen an aerated yard before....Me and the customer had tears we laughed so hard

Steve
12-04-2012, 01:10 PM
LOL that is a good one.

PR-Fect
12-04-2012, 03:19 PM
Me and my helper where doing a general go threw on a HOA. You know door to door down the line clean up trash, trim shrubs, pull weeds, ect. So I have one of those pony saws, dubble cut very sharp had saws. My helper is about 5 feet away with a headge trimmer trimming a shrub and we have our backs to each other. I 'm looking at this maple tree about 3-4 inch DBH and I think it needs a little corective prunning. Now this tree is not that big, only about 3-4 foot wide. I stick my head in the branches to see the branch pattern, I see the branch I want to remove, I raise the saw, and BAM! I get this instant sharp pain in my left arm, bee sting! As a jerk reaction I hit my left arm with my right hand. Only problem I still had the prunning saw in my right hand. The saw cuts my arm open, I fall to the ground in pian from the sting, blood squirting out my arm from the saw. I'm rooling around on the ground, cussing, bleeding, when my partner turns around and says what the hell are you doing?! He takes the rake and moves the branchs on this little tree and there it is, a bald face hornet nest! This nest is almost a third the with of the tree! We still laugh about that and I have the scars to prove it.