PDA

View Full Version : Intro

TheGrassGuru
11-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Hi my name is Joe and I am currently attending college and receiving my A.A.S in Commercial Turf and Grounds. I have been in this industry for 5 years and spent 2 of those years as a crew foreman. I have a wide range of skills from aerations/overseedings to building patios. I am currently considering opening a lawn business as I finish 1 more year of schooling to get a solid start before I graduate. I am always open to advice and planning on growing in this industry anyway I can. It is nice to be here and look forward to talking to some of you.

ringahding1
11-10-2012, 09:00 AM
I cannot speak on what you have learned in College, especially since my days were very short But you have the exact time in at another LCC as I did(I had 4 years of crew leadership)....so I would say follow your love & passion.

Steve
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What do you like or dislike now about working for the lawn care company you currently work with?

TheGrassGuru
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
The company i work for now is just my boss and I, we focus primarily on fertilizer apps, mowing, and leaf clean up. I cant say there is anything i dont like. The personal relationship between us seems to help us work as a team to achieve a common goal. I can however say the last company i worked for i did not like being taking advantage of. I worked for this guy for 4 years and he did not know my name, one of his crew foremen and he had no idea who i was... Pathetic if you ask me.

Steve
11-13-2012, 11:05 AM
How do you think he as a business owner allowed thing to get so bad like that? What should a business owner look out for to make sure they are not going down that same path?