PDA

View Full Version : Naylor's Lawncare

Naylor's Lawncare
11-07-2012, 07:28 PM
Does any one on here have a lawn care business in indiana?I'm wandering if indiana requires a business license for lawn care.I'm positive you have to have one if you spray liquid fertilizer but not forsure if regular lawn care has to.I also wander about fertilizer.There is three different chemical license required to mow are hospital here in columbus.If you buy say pre mix granuals (Scotts) does this require license to apply it if you have a business?

LawnBoy0311
11-08-2012, 05:21 AM
The best thing to do is call your local government. They will have all the answers you need. Going off someones response of whether you can or not in the forum is a bad idea.

stevef1201
11-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Does any one on here have a lawn care business in indiana?I'm wandering if indiana requires a business license for lawn care.I'm positive you have to have one if you spray liquid fertilizer but not forsure if regular lawn care has to.I also wander about fertilizer.There is three different chemical license required to mow are hospital here in columbus.If you buy say pre mix granuals (Scotts) does this require license to apply it if you have a business?

all I can tell you is here each county has a busienss tax you pay, you can mow with that. any chemical treatments have to have a license from the state EPA, which requires three years of experience, a test, 300 dollar application for the test test fee, and 1 million dollars of liability insurance

Steve
11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm wandering if indiana requires a business license for lawn care.

It is possible you may need one in your township and for your state. You will need to check out their websites to be sure or call them.

As far as a chemical applicators license, here is a page on Purdue University that hopefully explains to you a little more on the process of getting your license.

http://www.isco.purdue.edu/pesticide/how_do_i_fert.html

Keep us posted on what you decide to go with.

Naylor's Lawncare
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I got in touch with IRS today and the lady i talked to give me some website to go to for indiana which has a specific layout for lawncare to follow.The best i could understand so far is no license is required for indiana.But there where some special tax that is involved with salt in the winter.She said that granular fertilizer didn't consist of ten percent of my income so no worries.I will let you know when i get to check these sights out to make shur she is right.Is there anybody that can interpret goverment words.LOL

LawnBoy0311
11-09-2012, 05:25 AM
I got in touch with IRS today and the lady i talked to give me some website to go to for indiana which has a specific layout for lawncare to follow.The best i could understand so far is no license is required for indiana.But there where some special tax that is involved with salt in the winter.She said that granular fertilizer didn't consist of ten percent of my income so no worries.I will let you know when i get to check these sights out to make shur she is right.Is there anybody that can interpret goverment words.LOL

Government wording is impossible to figure out. It seems like they do that on purpose so they have any leg to stand on and slam us hard.

I do know this though. The federal government requires you to make over a certain amount to even apply for a business license. I want to say its either 5K or 7K If your revenue is under that amount, they consider it a hobby. So any part timers, or people starting out, you don't need a business license. With that being said, keep proof of sales!

Naylor, every state is different for everything. Where I live, only Harry The Homeowner can put down Scotts granuals. And next October the law changes again because of this whole "Save the Chesapeake" crap. No fertilizing after some date in November. I think the 5th.

Keep up on your research, let us know what you find!