PDA

View Full Version : Bad news for coal country

chadj
11-07-2012, 09:07 AM
Yday was bad for coal country. Billions of dollars of income already lost and more to come with nothing to compensate for it. I know alot of you guys are not experiencing or realize how big of a deal this is to us but, I'd like for you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers in hopes that something takes its place soon or we won't even have a mcdonalds left

Steve
11-07-2012, 12:11 PM
For those of us outside your area, what is going on that is causing so much heartache in the region?

stevef1201
11-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Yday was bad for coal country. Billions of dollars of income already lost and more to come with nothing to compensate for it. I know alot of you guys are not experiencing or realize how big of a deal this is to us but, I'd like for you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers in hopes that something takes its place soon or we won't even have a mcdonalds left

It's gonna get worse, withthenew EPA regulations comming, there will ba a job loss of about 800 thousand. Have fun with OBAMA. Add the 1 million job loss expected with the upcomming cuts in the defense budget, well I just dont see the economy getting better here in the US. Thank you all who voted for One Big *** Mistake America

Hedgemaster
11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
GOOD! You should all lose your jobs!
Coal POLLUTES the earth!
Get a job building SOLAR panels!
And McDonalds is an EVIL corporation with FATTY food!

:D ;)

Sorry, I always wanted to see what it felt like to be an Obama voter.

I need to go take a shower.

patrick6411
11-07-2012, 09:12 PM
For the record I am in Texas and he lost this state!! To bad these brain washed people voted for him in the other states.

chadj
11-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Ive did lawn care off and on and was fortunate to go to work surface mining and got laid off last feb.

To give you an idea steve, coal takes up 70-80% of our jobs. Its kinda like taking all of the office building jobs out of the city, what would happen? I started out green at the bottom of the totem pole and made close to $60,000 per year bring home, some guys make well over $100,000 per year bring home, with health, dental and vision as well as life/accidental death insurance.

It won't stop there though, it will effect the whole country. When coal goes Wayne (cat) brandeis (kamatsu) bobcat etc will go with it or downsize. Trickles on down the line. 100 guys got laid off in the first wave at my job, based of my wages we lost a min. of $6 million dollars after taxes in cashflow just my job lasst year. Thousands have lost there job this past year. Needless to say within the next 4 years coal will be gone.

In your lawn care business would you say I'm going to find a different source of cutting grass instead of using a mower in the middle of the season? No because, there nothing to take its place. Same with coal, nothing to make up for the loss. If anybody wants to argue that Im wrong that natural gas, windmill etc makes up for it. Tell that to the thousands and thousands to come thats left out in the cold with nothing to go to for not months, years! Ive already lost lawn accounts for 2013 because, these guys are now laid off.

chadj
11-08-2012, 05:58 AM
For the record I am in Texas and he lost this state!! To bad these brain washed people voted for him in the other states.

lol, goes without saying obama wouldnt stand a chance in texas. Yea like 18% of ky voted obama. Thats prolly the dead people voting again this year :p.. If you dont know what I'm talking about group of people stole social securit numbers from dead people and voted under the names last year but, they go caught...lmao