PDA

View Full Version : First Post

AmericanEagleLawncare
11-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Hi my name is Brian. I own American Eagle Lawncare & Landscaping in Crystal Lake, Illinois. Been in business since 2005 and provide service to 80 weekly lawn customers. I employ one part timer. Most of the work is done by myself and i work 80-100 hours a week for a good part of my 8 month growing season. My biggest challenge has been trying to find good, dependable hard working help. I run a 2008 dodge ram 3500 srw 4x4 diesel long bed crew cab truck pulling a 14 ft big tex trailer. I run all scag mowers. 1 52 v ride stand on, 1 48 hydro wb, 1 36 z cat 0 turn, 1 32 belt wb. Mostly echo 2 cycle with some stihl. Other equipment 2 ryan aerator, 2 bluebird power rakes, 1 little wonder bed shaper, 4 snowthowers, 5x8 trailer and a jeep wrangler. Looking forward for the season to come to an end and to prepare for the snow season. I will post some pics within the next couple of weeks when i get a chance. Thanks :)

Sprinkler Buddy
11-07-2012, 08:16 AM
Welcome to the forum.

cuttingedgeron
11-07-2012, 10:42 AM
That is a lot of customers with just you and a part timer.

Welcome to the forum.

Steve
11-07-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi Brian,

Welcome to our forum!

I look forwards to seeing your pictures.

What advice do you have for the newer startup business owner? Where do you see so many of them going wrong?

CHEESE2009
11-07-2012, 04:42 PM
I live in Wat5150's attic, and have been for several years.

I watch him sleep at night.

http://www.space-debris.com/hor_glover_willard.jpg

AmericanEagleLawncare
11-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Getting back to Steve questions. Some advice I would give to a newer business owner in this industry would be first have a game plan. Decide what services you will provide. As you grow determine if you need to add services or maybe cut something of the list. Making the right equipment purchases that fit your needs. The areas where I see owners going down hill would be lack of skill/quality of work, not making the commitment to the business, bad luck and bad decision making. The northern regions the season is shorter than the warm climates hours need to be put in to carry you through the slow/rough times. At the end of the day money makes or breaks business.

AmericanEagleLawncare
11-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Some equipment pics:)

chadj
11-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Like your set up. Your working yourself to death lol but, thats a good thing. Good luck and take your time finding a good helper.

Steve
11-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Great equipment pictures!

bad luck and bad decision making

What kinds of examples of this have you seen around you? Do any interesting stories stand out?