PDA

View Full Version : Are your customers ready for this?

Steve
01-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Do you think your customer base would be ready for a lawn care business that promoted strictly push mower service?

I saw this website and thought maybe something like this could give you an edge and make you stand out.

What's your view?

http://www.sunlawn.com/

pmblair
01-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Seems to me that this product would be more for the homeowner than a contractor... time is money, you know, and with a push mower (unless all your customers live in cluster home communities) it's going to take WAY more time. I just don't see this being profitable.

Steve
01-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Have you seen anyone promote such service? Or have you seen any electric only services?

adamsmowing88
03-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Me personally I like push mowing....the engines are common sense, you could pretty much maintain them yourself, and they are great for starting out your business with and could be bought for pretty cheap. If you take care of them, they will last you for atleast a couple of seasons...when you start out of course

XtreemGreen
03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
No way would I use just a push mower... Takes too much time, and your prices would be way higher...I keep one, just in case my 36 breaks...

adamsmowing88
03-03-2010, 09:35 AM
I pretty much price $40 an hour right now, I have a riding tractor for bigger yards. Most of the calls I get are city lots way and take me about 45 min-1 hour to do. So I will be saving all that money, buy nice commercial equipment probably next year and make more money an hour. I was thinking about a 48'' walk behind, but still have the push mower. Plus here in michigan you have winter weight any way and I could use the exercise in the summer. You get a workout and make money..it'll work out