PDA

View Full Version : To advertize or not to advertize

SHORTY
11-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I had a call today from a local restaurant owner, a place that I have business cards at for about the last month. He is wanting me to buy advertizement space on the back of his menu. Would be on in house and to go menu full color 2x2 inch space. Cost $125.00 for 1 year. Has anyone ever tried this approach before?

I`m interested just not sure that theirs enough traffic, this is a small restaurant in a small town.

CHEESE2009
11-05-2012, 05:02 PM
I had a call today from a local restaurant owner, a place that I have business cards at for about the last month. He is wanting me to buy advertizement space on the back of his menu. Would be on in house and to go menu full color 2x2 inch space. Cost $125.00 for 1 year. Has anyone ever tried this approach before?

I`m interested just not sure that theirs enough traffic, this is a small restaurant in a small town.

For $125, I'd do it just to say I did. That's cool man.

Imagine all the chicks you can get, "I saw your ad while eating a burger, and I thought of you - want to help me digest?"

Sprinkler Buddy
11-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Can't hit your target market any better for that kind of $$$, I would give it a shot. If you only pick up one account from it, you'll make that $$$ back.

SHORTY
11-05-2012, 05:22 PM
For $125, I'd do it just to say I did. That's cool man.

Imagine all the chicks you can get, "I saw your ad while eating a burger, and I thought of you - want to help me digest?"

That`s right Cheese she thanks my exmark is sexy!!!!

It`s all in how you hold your weed eater.

wat5150
11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
$125 is pretty cheap. Id do it.

LawnBoy0311
11-05-2012, 05:40 PM
There was a survey that came out a while back...I wish I remember where I read it! Anyway, it was saying 60% of people who go out to eat often, do not mow their own lawn.

For $125, you should go for it!

stevef1201
11-05-2012, 07:48 PM

Small restaurant- 10 table times 2 people= 20 people, turn over two tables per meal, 40 people, times three meals, 120 people, 7 days a week 840 people per week 52 weeks of the year 44000 people will view that ad.
pretty damn cheap per exposure. and that is targeted at a verrrrrry conservative estimate. you could probibly figure two or three times those numbers

LawnBoy0311
11-06-2012, 05:46 AM
Small restaurant- 10 table times 2 people= 20 people, turn over two tables per meal, 40 people, times three meals, 120 people, 7 days a week 840 people per week 52 weeks of the year 44000 people will view that ad.
pretty damn cheap per exposure. and that is targeted at a verrrrrry conservative estimate. you could probibly figure two or three times those numbers

Someone knows his stuff!! Your about dead on. Larger restaurants try to get 4 turns during dinner service. I wish I had a restaurant near me who will cut that same deal!

Steve
11-06-2012, 09:37 AM
At least one of our forum members in the past had experimented with this and from what I remember, he got 1 call.

Check out his experience with place mat advertising here and see if this helps you.

Restaurant place mat advertising (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7335)

stevef1201
11-12-2012, 09:02 PM
At least one of our forum members in the past had experimented with this and from what I remember, he got 1 call.

Check out his experience with place mat advertising here and see if this helps you.

Restaurant place mat advertising (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=7335)

1 call

small lawn

60 bucks a month

8 months

480 bucks

investment 125

sounds like a good return

give him discounts for referrals

income unlimited

Steve
11-13-2012, 10:16 AM
1 call - small lawn - 60 bucks a month - 8 months - 480 bucks - investment 125

sounds like a good return

Something to consider when you are figuring out your return on investment is, should you base it on a total income you are going to make from a customer or just use the profit from the customer?

So that $480 could be a much much lower figure when looking at simply profit. In fact it could be below the $125 spent on the ad.