PDA

View Full Version : Business questions from Tony

Steve
01-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Tony wrote me this email with some business questions and I thought he would be better answered if everyone could offer their suggestions.

Quote[/b] ]I am now getting everything organized to start my company with advertisment and so forth. I will have a DBA now starting this month ending.

I am doing lables for Equipment Purchase and Equipment Repairs

What else should I think about having folders for?
I already made them for my current client list. " for invoices "

I am thinking maybe insurance?
Invoices?
Payments?

pmblair
01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Let's see....

Equipment Purchase
Equipment Repair
Equipment Maintenence
Vehicle Expendatures (gas, maintenence, mileage logs, etc)
Insurance
Invoices
Quotes/Estimates
Marketing Material Master Copies
Client Lists (Contacted, Contracted, Refused)

Pretty much anything you can think of that you will either spend money on, make money on, or need paperwork for... KEEP EVERYTHING... all receipts... all invoices (to and from you), all quotes & estimates (to and from you)... EVERYTHING. I would also recommend keeping it all in monthly files... Jan-Dec for the year. Keep it all in the same order for each month.

Hope this helps.

FourSeasons
01-06-2008, 11:20 PM
TAXES!!!!!!
I have alot of straighting up to do for my tax paperwork.
I went and talked to my accountant in Oct. fortunately and he told what to do to be prepared for now.
So from Oct. til now I am okay. But I have to go back to May and start going thru files and seperating and making up invoices for work that I did.

I have to seperate my invoices based on the city that the work was done in; because each city gets a percentage of the tax that I charged.

pmblair
01-06-2008, 11:24 PM
Wow... I didn't think you could charge taxes on services... maybe your state is different than Georgia... or are you talking about charging taxes on goods you used in the service of their lawn (fertilizer, seed, etc)?

FourSeasons
01-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Quote[/b] ]Wow... I didn't think you could charge taxes on services... maybe your state is different than Georgia... or are you talking about charging taxes on goods you used in the service of their lawn (fertilizer, seed, etc

I'm talking about both. Some states are different.
I've had customers that have moved to Washington from another state and are suprised when I tell them there is tax on services here.

Its to bad to because sometimes the tax can put people over there budget.