PDA

View Full Version : Naylor's Lawncare

Naylor's Lawncare
11-04-2012, 08:00 AM
This is my snow plow and salt spreader ready for season.Still need to install wings.Its not the best pics of spreader.What do you guys think?

CHEESE2009
11-04-2012, 10:03 AM
I like the "GOT SNOW" part ahahahaha!

Naylor's Lawncare
11-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I had that on my plow but my but my daughter talked me into taking it off.Then my wife came out and looked at my spreader when i got it done (of course) and said i should have put GOT ICE on it and left plow alone.LOL

stevef1201
11-04-2012, 12:59 PM
When I lived in Alaska we used to have a light blue bumpersticker with a white snow flake, and the words "Think Snow". You guys who live 'up north' should get some made, and pass them out. With you comapny name and number of course. What an advertising concept and everybody would be adbvertising for you-just my two pennies

Lopes Lawn Care
11-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Nice man, I like the flap on the plow with your name and number.

Steve
11-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Very nice! Is this the first season you are marketing like this? If not, did you get any positive feedback in the past because of it from new customers?

Naylor's Lawncare
11-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I've done snow for a while now.But i had got out for two years.Which was great because little snow fall for two years.I had this done on my last plow.When i sold it had people calling where the guy never changed it.LOL.I listen to other people brag about redoing there plows with factory stickers,but i think plows are like lettering on side of enclosed trailers.You can't go wrong with it.

Steve
11-06-2012, 09:02 AM
How important do you feel it is to have signs on the side of your truck as well? I'd figure that would be your best chance at having the largest sized phone number text.

Naylor's Lawncare
11-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes i think the truck lettering is important.The more people that see your name the better off I think.I mowed part time for a couple of years and I had business cards every where.Not one person called from that.They seen my truck a lot or another person told them about me was the answer I got every time i asked how they heard of me.I took a enclosed trailer for another company here in town and rebuilt it from ground up and painted it yellow and they letter it better than any I've seen.Which if you ask anyone they've seen it.It's not just lettering it has to stick out like a sore thumb.The bigger the brighter and everywhere is better.

Steve
11-07-2012, 10:59 AM
It's not just lettering it has to stick out like a sore thumb.

Very good point! I'd love to see a picture of that too.

Naylor's Lawncare
11-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I'd love to show you pick,but where not on speaking terms.I pushed snow for this company for a few years when they talked me into come run there landscape crews.Bad mistake.Three months later i reliazed they just needed a good mechanic to fix up all there equipment(me).When it all was fixed they didn't need me any more.Wasn't all bad thought.I learned ho not to run a business.

Steve
11-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Wasn't all bad thought.I learned ho not to run a business.

What lessons stand out from that experience?

Naylor's Lawncare
11-09-2012, 07:05 PM
That parteners don't work.First day of mowing i had to seperate two of the owners in the driveway.The employee's never are right because two different boses giving different directions.How not to treat your employee's.This company every week had to fire somebody.Then they where on a natural high for a week.When week was up time to fire somebody again.I learnt how to treat employee by watching there mistakes.I learnt if you don't matinence your equipment it cost alot to fix when it finally breaks.By matinence i mean they ran there zero turns when front caster bearings went out until it eat thrue the wheel and half way thru front caster.But the best thing i learn't was advertising.They advertised like crazy and they stayed that busy because of it.Catchy ads on radio,news paper,crazy logo's on trailer.They had a free yard mowing if you where listening to the radio when they asked if you could tell them where there trailer was setting.This kind of advertising made them biggest mowers in town.But i don't think they understand takes employees to make a company.Most of there employees are from another county because they have been thru everybody in this county.

Steve
11-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Those sound like great insights!

I wonder if they were making money with all that advertising and all that work, or not? Is it possible they weren't making enough and that was the cause of all the arguing amongst the partners or do you think it was something else?

Naylor's Lawncare
11-25-2012, 08:38 AM
I think it was beause partners in a business never agree.Thats why im strong minded on no partener ships for business.If you argue with someone long enough thats what happens.Evently the company will split.Thats life.Just think about your company and the way you do things.Then think if someone was there telling you to do it different all the time.