PDA

View Full Version : Pillar of your community example

Steve
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I saw this article about an award presented to a lawn care business owner and I thought to myself, this is a great example of how one can become a pillar of the community.

What if you got involved with your chamber of commerce and did such a great job, you were chosen to be the Ambassador of the Year?

I bet you could do it!

Read through this article and see how Burnie was able to make it happen for himself. All the contacts he has made through that must have helped his business grow too!

What's your view on this?

Sacramento Metro Chamber announces other awards (http://sacramento.dbusinessnews.com/shownews.php?newsid=145702&type_news=latest) - the Small Business of the Year and Burnie Lenau of Lawnman, Inc. as Ambassador of the Year.

Ambassador of the Year
This award recognizes outstanding service by a member of the Metro Chamber’s premier volunteer group, whose members serve as ombudsmen for the organization.

—Burnie Lenau is owner of Lawnman Inc., a Sacramento-based lawn maintenance and landscape contractor. He is chair of the Metro Chamber’s Ambassadors and this year helped take the committee through a major reorganization. He has been a staunch supporter of Metro Chamber activities and attends many public and civic meetings. As one person said, “Burnie is at every important city council meeting—he is everywhere.” He is a 2007 graduate of the Metro Chamber’s Leadership Sacramento program and in 2008 will be one captain of the Metro Chamber’s annual Capitol-to-Capitol Trip to Washington, D.C. His service to the Metro Chamber and the community has made him an outstanding Ambassador.