PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki engine on my Husqvarna

KANO
11-01-2012, 12:30 AM
I have a situation with the Kawasaki engine on my Husqvarna. I did an oil change and put too much oil in it!! And now it's leaking oil ALOT! The thing is I don't know from where and if in fact was the overfilling that caused it. It's flowing down by the oil filter, but it's not thru the oil filter. I pressure washed the engine after removing almost the whole top end, and replaced the oil filter again just to make sure that it wasn't it. Could it be the head gasket? Or the oil seal on the top end. But the leak is worrying me, I don't want to kill any grass this way. Please get back at me ASAP. Thanx!

KANO

Steve
11-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Is it coming out of the carb vent? If you REALLY overfilled it, could you drain out the oil until you get to the proper level?

Lopes Lawn Care
11-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure what the problem could be but i think draining it and letting it drain for a bit then putting the proper amount in might help. Try that and see if it still leaks. Let it run for bit after you do it just to make sure you get any excess oil out. Is it an old filter? Is the gasket fu**ed? Did you mess something up when you power washed it?