PDA

View Full Version : Just Wondering

SHORTY
10-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Just wondering what is the most heard, or your favorite complaint that you have heard from customers about their last lawn guy? My favorite all time complaint that I have heard was the last guy flew around the yard and got done so fast. She never said he did anything wrong. I know the guy and he uses a 48" walk behind. Now I do the same yard with a 60" Exmark ztr and i`m pretty sure that I get done even faster than he did.

LawnBoy0311
10-31-2012, 07:26 PM
"He stopped showing up" I get that ALLLLLLL the time. Stupid lowballers overbook. I also have a big competitor in my area who overcharges...his customers are starting to come to me.

CHEESE2009
10-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Hahaha! Yeah, I get the whole, "the other guy was too quick" saying.

We're not hired for entertainment, we're hired to cut the grass. The elderly can be a little nuts...

Anyway, when I get a lawn done in seconds, they keep their mouths shut.

Hedgemaster
10-31-2012, 09:28 PM
"The previous guys were unreliable."

Lack of communication is another big one.
"Hmmm... I wonder why the grass wasn't cut this week?"

stevef1201
11-01-2012, 07:04 AM
"He stopped showing up" I get that ALLLLLLL the time.

and I cannot get a hold of him. You gotta have the second part of that. It happened several times this year. and yes I tink it is bcause of lowballing. Bid a job without knowing how, then in a few months when they have figured it out and raise thier rates to money making rates they just quit showing up to thier first customers.

Thats OK with me though, Got one that was being charged only 90 a month, I now have him at 145 a month

LawnBoy0311
11-01-2012, 08:27 AM
and I cannot get a hold of him. You gotta have the second part of that. It happened several times this year. and yes I tink it is bcause of lowballing. Bid a job without knowing how, then in a few months when they have figured it out and raise thier rates to money making rates they just quit showing up to thier first customers.

Thats OK with me though, Got one that was being charged only 90 a month, I now have him at 145 a month

So true! I landed 6 new customers this past year from them not showing up. Others wanted quotes, but said my price was too high. Fine by me, I don't need those cheap customers anyway.

Steve
11-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Could all this information be turned into some great marketing material?

For instance, what if you made a flyer where you wrote.

Top 5 biggest lawn care service provider complaints.
1. Doesn't show up
2. Mows too fast
3. etc
4. etc

When you are ready for a no nonsense professional lawn care service. Call us at ....

Do you think it would be worthwhile and catch a homeowners eye?