PDA

View Full Version : Ideas during winter time to add more contracts.

patrick6411
10-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Ok I want to pick up another 155 lawns to do the next coming season. That will enable me to have a new crew on part time. I need some ideas of picking these up, this is a new idea of mine.
I want to quote the people and get them locked into a contract that starts on a certain month. The contract will be monthly and last until the consumer wants to either cancel it or we decide to. We have a minimum of $45.00 that we charge.
One idea I have is offering to blow off their driveway during this time of year for free. (Once a month) Of course I want to up sale them. We offer pressure washing aeration, gutter clean out, and whatnot.
If anybody has a contract that starts on a certain month share it please.
What do you guys think?

bruces
10-30-2012, 11:06 PM
how many lawns do you have now ?adding 150 is pretty ambitious and in most cases a part time crew literally wont be able to cut it .The rest of your plans appear to be pretty standard , your contract sounds pretty much standard to me ,the offer of a free driveway bj wouldnt interest me for a second ,maybe if you want to sweeten the pot how about a free mow ,or a free clean-up or something like that ,they can be tied to a full seasons service or something along those lines so you dont end up upside down doing free work .

patrick6411
10-31-2012, 07:15 AM
how many lawns do you have now ?adding 150 is pretty ambitious and in most cases a part time crew literally wont be able to cut it .The rest of your plans appear to be pretty standard , your contract sounds pretty much standard to me ,the offer of a free driveway bj wouldnt interest me for a second ,maybe if you want to sweeten the pot how about a free mow ,or a free clean-up or something like that ,they can be tied to a full seasons service or something along those lines so you dont end up upside down doing free work .

Wow I just read my post I was tired when I posted, I can tell. Every start of the season I am short on my main crew. I would like to start this next season with enough to keep busy and add another crew, part time. I will probably not make my goal but this time of year makes me start making those goals. A free clean up does sound nice along with a free driveway bj. Makes the place look a lot nicer. Which in turns shows value to the consumer.

Steve
10-31-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't think the free driveway clean off would do anything, but if you are going to sign up customers for annual property maintenance, then a free fall clean up might catch them.

Ideally, you would be there every week to mow so it wouldn't add extra work for you.

What's your thoughts on something like that?

patrick6411
10-31-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't think the free driveway clean off would do anything, but if you are going to sign up customers for annual property maintenance, then a free fall clean up might catch them.

Ideally, you would be there every week to mow so it wouldn't add extra work for you.

What's your thoughts on something like that?

That is a good idea and great point.

brian'slawncare
10-31-2012, 06:02 PM
what about free leaf mulching? It really wouldn't take all that much extra time depending on lot sizes in your area....for me I spend an extra 15 mins per lawn for a week and I think it helps win a lot of people over. And by saying luching, you dont need to bing any extra equip. and it doesnt garunte a "leaf free"

Steve
11-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Yea that is good. I think if you are selling an annual lawn care package, that would be a great bonus to point out how the customer will benefit from your services.

Patrick keep us posted on how all this works out for you.

patrick6411
11-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Ok I want to pick up another 155 lawns to do the next coming season. That will enable me to have a new crew on part time. I need some ideas of picking these up, this is a new idea of mine.
I want to quote the people and get them locked into a contract that starts on a certain month. The contract will be monthly and last until the consumer wants to either cancel it or we decide to. We have a minimum of $45.00 that we charge.
One idea I have is offering to blow off their driveway during this time of year for free. (Once a month) Of course I want to up sale them. We offer pressure washing aeration, gutter clean out, and whatnot.
What do you guys think?

Ok I was reading and come across this post I made Wow i couldn't handle 155 new lawns. I think I had to much to drink that night!! Maybe 55 yes. Maybe I was dreaming big. I dunno.

Steve
11-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Just keep getting the word out and your customer base will grow no doubt!

stevef1201
11-20-2012, 11:28 AM
What do you guys think?

Free driveway blow off-if the drive is mile long maybe
I offer year round service, including fall/spring cleanup.
Now this is hard work, I walk around and pic up tree branches and trash (wait I do anyhow), then mow the grass, with a mulching kit. Leaves are ground up and disappear in the grass. It takes me less than 10 minutes longer than mowing. I also blow leaves out of the flower beds and from around the trees so my mower can mulch them. Wow hard work, the lawns look great, and the customer has no leaves. The best part-I DONT LOAD AND HAUL AWAY>NO DUMP FEES>NO LABOR IN UNLOADING>NO MILEAGE. WIN WIN WIN WIN
AS for UP selling- mention that you do pressure washing and that the house drive etc is looking a bit dirty-and give them a price. (for established customers I give then the 'normal' price and then what I would charge them)
the same goes for all the other work you do.