PDA

View Full Version : Just signed up

SHORTY
10-30-2012, 01:19 PM
I have been doing lawn care on the side for about 12 years. Thanking of going full time for next year. Starting to get things lined up,and looking for ideas.

Steve
10-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What made you decide to make the jump to full time after doing it for 12 years part time?

SHORTY
10-31-2012, 01:07 PM
I have always wanted to work for myself, just could not afford to take that huge of a leap. Now the only person i have to keep up is myself. The last 2 years i have spent buying new equipment so hopefully now i can start out with some stuff that will last for a few years.

LawnBoy0311
10-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Where at in NC are you? I'm moving there in 2 years...house has to be built. I'm thinking of starting down there, but coming from city life, I know theres a lot of DIY'rs.

Sprinkler Buddy
10-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, sounds like your new venture is off to a good start. Good equipment is a big plus starting out when you don't put yourself in debt to get it. Good Luck!

SHORTY
10-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Where at in NC are you? I'm moving there in 2 years...house has to be built. I'm thinking of starting down there, but coming from city life, I know theres a lot of DIY'rs.

CONCORD, N.C. What part of the state are you moving to?

SHORTY
10-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the forum, sounds like your new venture is off to a good start. Good equipment is a big plus starting out when you don't put yourself in debt to get it. Good Luck!

Like i said spent last 2 years buying equipment payed cash for all of it. Plus most the dealers in my area will give you allot beater deal.

Sprinkler Buddy
10-31-2012, 04:45 PM
Like i said spent last 2 years buying equipment payed cash for all of it. Plus most the dealers in my area will give you allot beater deal.

LOL I understood that, that's why I said your off to a good start. Makes things a lot easier not having to worry about equipment payments early on.

Steve
11-01-2012, 10:24 AM
That all sounds great! Are you marketing your services yet? When will you be looking to sign up your first customer?

SHORTY
11-01-2012, 04:03 PM
That all sounds great! Are you marketing your services yet? When will you be looking to sign up your first customer?

Yes with cards and flyers,and I have been working on getting some signs made up. I have got 9 customers 8 that I`ve had for years the other one I just picked up this past summer. I`m currently looking to add more.

Steve
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Have you asked your current customer base for referrals? That might help and also what about marketing to the neighbors of your customer base too? That could help you expand out your route.