PDA

View Full Version : Did first Job site today!

LawnCareMan280
10-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Hi guys it's me. I did my first job site today! it was so fun. I had to do leaf removal and it was a pain to move but now since i'm done i'm happy. Proud of that advertisement sign in the yard. Hope I get more accounts.

Tell me about your first job site you did!

Travis

stevef1201
10-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Well it's not the first job I've done, but yesterday I did a leaf clean-up, my first.
I used my new push blower, backpack blower and leaf vacuum, it took about 1.5 hours.
The guy who I did it for was happy, and told me last year he raked upthe leaves and it took him "all day". I got 50 bucks for the job. I do think that I will have some good income this winter, as I cut my mowing rate to 60 percent per month. (I charge per month not per cut).

bruces
10-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi guys it's me. I did my first job site today! it was so fun. I had to do leaf removal and it was a pain to move but now since i'm done i'm happy. Proud of that advertisement sign in the yard. Hope I get more accounts.

Tell me about your first job site you did!

Travis

I am confused ,are you not the guy with the best work ,biggest crew,and lowest prices ? if so how come you just did your first job today?

LawnBoy0311
10-29-2012, 09:53 AM
I am confused ,are you not the guy with the best work ,biggest crew,and lowest prices ? if so how come you just did your first job today?

HAHAHA so true!!! I gave up responding to what this kid writes.

Steve
10-29-2012, 11:08 AM
Congratulations!

With those of you who just got your first job done, do you feel there were any learning lessons you gained from them that you will apply to your future jobs?

Indy Plants
10-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Great job Travis, you should feel good about this accomplishment I think. Your education has begone and if you stick with it there will be more pains and more successes.

How do you feel about the value of the service you provided?

My very first paying gig working for myself was a landscape renovation, no material cost just labor. Design, transplant pruning. I started that project in September of 2006 while still working as a department manager for a large landscape outfit in the area. I went to four day work weeks so I could have an extra day working for myself. the project took a little over two weeks and yielded just over $2,000

LawnCareMan280
10-30-2012, 03:20 PM
HAHAHA so true!!! I gave up responding to what this kid writes.

Just to tell you I got fired from that co owner job so now I started my own lawn care buisness

Steve
10-31-2012, 10:39 AM
How do you like being the sole owner now of your company?