PDA

View Full Version : start my business

meadows lawn care
12-31-2007, 03:21 AM
what kinda of permits or licenses do i need to run my businesss

realhuntin
12-31-2007, 03:36 AM
contact your local municipal they will guide you through what you need as a business and getting the business opperation licenses for the counties and cities yo umay be working in.

Steve
12-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Hi meadows lawn care,

Welcome to our forum!

What kind of services do you plan on offering? Would you be applying any chemicals?

meadows lawn care
12-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Just yearly fertilizer plans.I offer mowing,trimming,general landscaping stuff.I also do power washing.I have done a few lawns for a couple years and now I want to do this for a living.I know I need a dba from my town but I didnt know if there was anything special I needed.If it helps I am in massachusetts

pmblair
01-01-2008, 01:49 AM
Well, this is just my knowledge from Georgia, but here goes...

Naturally, you'll want to get a business license. I would also HIGHLY recommend you get General Liability insurance... and if you're going to be applying chemicals (and here's where the "Georgia knowledge" comes into play) you're going to need an applicator's license and a contractor's license. Apply chemicals (including fertilizer, weed killer and bug killer) without these licenses and you WILL be fined.

Hope this helps.

meadows lawn care
01-01-2008, 07:33 PM
thank you.where do i get my business license?i have looked around and have come up short on info.also is there something i have to do with the government for taxes?

realhuntin
01-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Quote[/b] (meadows lawn care @ Jan. 01 2008,7:33)]thank you.where do i get my business license?i have looked around and have come up short on info.also is there something i have to do with the government for taxes?
Go here and read up on all of this and it will help you with what to do.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=98350,00.html

Then follow the links to the SBA (Small Business Assoc.)

or you can go to keiths Learn how to start a lawn care business and buy and read what he has put together. All of this is good info and will keep in check with Gov. YOu can get your local Business license from the county clerks office in your area, if they dont handle it they will point you to who does.

Good luck
Tim

Steve
01-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Hi meadows lawn care,

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business? Have you run other businesses in the past?

meadows lawn care
01-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I like being outdoors and being my own boss.I want to plan my day and be home at night..I work nights right now in a factory and cant wait to be outside.I like doing lawn care to see the results of someone doing a good job and taking care of a lawn not just mowing it.I found the government part and now i need to go to my town clerk.thank you everyone for your help

Little's
01-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Go to your local city hall for your business license. As far as the government, just pay your taxes.

meadows lawn care
01-03-2008, 07:19 AM
thank you evryone for the info.I cant wait to get more business.Here it what I have for equiptment so far.1 40 inch scag ride behind 2 troybilt 33'' wide cut mowers 1 lawnboy 21'' push mower.165 husqvarna backpack blower,toro weed whacker with tiller,trimmer,brush cutter,hedge trimmer attachments.I just bought a 6.5' x 12' trailer with drop down gate and my chevy silverado truck,oh and a snowblower 10hp 26 inch path by troybilt,which I hope to soon get a plow truck.

pmblair
01-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Wow!! Sounds like you've got the right equipment! http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Do you have any pictures you could share with us?

Also, if you want to get some high quality truck magnets made, contact Tony at AMW Graphics (http://www.amw-graphics.com/).

Good luck to you!!!

Steve
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Yea I'd love to see some pictures too!

meadows lawn care
01-05-2008, 07:30 AM
I will post some when the snow melts and I can get to my shed.I live in massachusetts so we are buried right now