PDA

View Full Version : Mower problem

LawnCareMan280
10-19-2012, 10:11 PM
The other day I was doing leaf cleanup with my aunts mtd yard machines push mower mulching the leaves then kunk! it shuts off. Stupid day care kids put a big toy under the leaf pile when I wasn't looking and now the engine keeps dieing. I mow an elderly ladys yard next door with that push mower but when you starts it dies. If you guys have any suggestions to tell me what is wrong do I get a new engine or no?

Apex Lawn & Landscape
10-19-2012, 11:46 PM
The other day I was doing leaf cleanup with my aunts mtd yard machines push mower mulching the leaves then kunk! it shuts off. Stupid day care kids put a big toy under the leaf pile when I wasn't looking and now the engine keeps dieing. I mow an elderly ladys yard next door with that push mower but when you starts it dies. If you guys have any suggestions to tell me what is wrong do I get a new engine or no?

Your aunt should buy the new engine. The thrust compasitor probably dislodged from the inner coil rings and broke the fuse cable programmer. It's a common issue . It happens 70% almost every time.

wat5150
10-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Your aunt should buy the new engine. The thrust compasitor probably dislodged from the inner coil rings and broke the fuse cable programmer. It's a common issue . It happens 70% almost every time.

It happens almost 70%, 100% of the time. LOL:D

LawnCareMan280
10-20-2012, 10:58 AM

I'll ask her that because we just bought it brand new out of the box at Mills Fleet Farm in Appelton.

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds like a sheared pin on the flywheel.

LawnCareMan280
10-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a sheared pin on the flywheel.

probably that. The only thing that sucks is that it only mulches and side discharge should of got the one with the bagger

Steve
10-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Can you check to see if the pin is sheared? Before you do anything with it though make sure you take the spark plug wire off so it can't accidentally start on you.

Be safe!

Let us know what you find.

Check out this video, it will give you a pretty good visual if you have never messed with the mower before.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vWcIiZtvbug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>