PDA

View Full Version : Fixed or Floating deck

blenno
10-18-2012, 09:09 PM
I am currently doing some research on buying a new commercial walk behind mower. Pretty sure im going to buy a toro walk behind model.Brand used a lot in my area and I live very close to toro dealer. After thinking long and hard and saving up money I decided to purchase brand new instead of looking used and possibly buying someones problem. I have been doing some research I am looking for something with a 48 inch deck and im not sure what model would work better for me. The fixed deck model is lets say is $4000 and the floating deck model is around $ 5,000. Is the floating deck $ 1000 better. Is it going to save me time to make up that $1000 ?

Apex Lawn & Landscape
10-18-2012, 09:26 PM
I am currently doing some research on buying a new commercial walk behind mower. Pretty sure im going to buy a toro walk behind model.Brand used a lot in my area and I live very close to toro dealer. After thinking long and hard and saving up money I decided to purchase brand new instead of looking used and possibly buying someones problem. I have been doing some research I am looking for something with a 48 inch deck and im not sure what model would work better for me. The fixed deck model is lets say is $4000 and the floating deck model is around $ 5,000. Is the floating deck $ 1000 better. Is it going to save me time to make up that $1000 ?
I think if your buying a 48" youlle be alrite with the fixed deck. If your yards are bumpy/ uneven then maybe you want to consider the floating deck. The fixed deck is just more rigid and doesn't give and contour to the ground as much . The price difference is pretty much for the added castors , engineering etc . In my opinion , I think ull be fine with the fixed. Just be smart when cresting hills and if you think your going to scalp, lift up or hit it at another angle . Best of luck.