PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Tuscan Gardens
10-17-2012, 10:57 AM
Hi im just introducing myself here. Names Paul. Im from Elmhurst, Pa. Existing company wth 15-20 customers. Been in business for about 4 years now. I usually work alone, but get a helper now and then. I prefer it that way. Oh ya, the business name is Tuscan Gardens.
website www.tuscangardensllc.com

avetslawncare
10-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Great testimonials on the webpage!

Steve
10-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi Paul,

Welcome to our forum!

Do you have any advice for the newer start up business owners that could help them get to their 4th year too?

Tuscan Gardens
10-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Advice....hmmmm lets see.....get rid of all the dead beat customers. Just keep the good ones that pay on time. Keep your equipment, no matter how old it is, looking as new and clean as possible. Do any job likeit were your own house. I dont just "mow and go". If I see something amiss while im at a customers house, I either just fix it or address the customer about it.

By keeping a small "elite" customer base, it is also easy to be more personal with them ...ie Xmas cards, etc....

Hope this helps out someone!!

Thanks
Paul

Steve
10-18-2012, 11:08 AM
By keeping a small "elite" customer base, it is also easy to be more personal with them ...ie Xmas cards, etc.

That is a very good point. How long into getting started to you decide to go this route? Was there any moment where you realized this was the way to go?

Tuscan Gardens
10-19-2012, 08:14 AM
The moment I decided to go to the good paying customers ???

Yes, there was a moment when I decided this. I did a job for an out of state owner, i think it was around 8 buildings to upkeep. I went above and beyond the work scope, spreading grass seed, etc.. and when I sent the bill he didnt pay. I called him ad he offered me around 10% of the bill. I took him to court and lost!! .....I think that is the exact moment.

Steve
10-19-2012, 10:15 AM
ACK! What a crazy situation. Well on the bright side, the situation help guide you into a new direction. I am very sorry it happened though.

Sprinkler Buddy
10-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the forum guys.