PDA

View Full Version : New Lawn Care Business

Southern Greens
10-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Hello,

My name is Justin, and I am starting a new Lawn Care business in Northwest GA. I have been in worked in retail prior to this, so I am kind of new to it. I am looking at either a Kubota Z224 or a Dixon Kodiak. Does anyone have any advice about either one of these?

Steve
10-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Do you have a mower now that you mow your own yard with? Could you use that for a bit as you get your business started to see if you are going to enjoy it or not without having to spend too much money right away?

Southern Greens
10-18-2012, 10:08 AM
I do have a small push mower, but it does not cut very evenly. Do you have any recommendations for a less expensive mower that cuts good, and will hold up?

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-18-2012, 11:38 AM
The kubota is a awesome mower but pricey. I almost bought a used one for $7600. I actually bought 3 used mowers for less then that since.

For a self propelled, You can get a HRX, HRM, a old lawnboy, or even a recycler.

I would keep your overhead as low as possible the first few years.

Steve
10-18-2012, 12:06 PM
How big of properties are you looking to take care of? How wide will their fences be if they have any?

LawnCareMan280
10-18-2012, 04:37 PM
I do have a small push mower, but it does not cut very evenly. Do you have any recommendations for a less expensive mower that cuts good, and will hold up?

If you are doing city yards I would recommend a Toro self propellar. If you are doing commercial you should do zero turn. I am only 13 so I only do residential. If you have yards with less trees, Landscaping etc. Get a John Deere LX280. Hope this helped! P.s see my profile

Southern Greens
10-19-2012, 10:11 AM
I have just gotten two commercial contracts and nine residential through a local real estate company. I think I am going to need a zero turn, but I don't want to spend too much. Husqvarna has one that seems pretty nice. Does anyone have any experience with their mowers?