PDA

View Full Version : Family car

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-14-2012, 11:53 AM
With the birth of my daughter last year the civic coupe is to small. My wife also wants 4x4 for when she goes to work. This vehicle will only be used for snow and occasional family outings.

I was about to buy a Passport till I realized it was really a Izuzu. Then I read reviews about transmission problems, ABS failures and needing a quart of oil ever 500 miles.

Next was a 4runner. I havent heard anything bad but the rust is a problem with these toyotas. The gas isnt great but overall is a good SUV.

I keep coming back to Subaru. I think the forester is ugly but its the perfect fit. AWD, 20-28 MPG, Somewhat roomy, could haul a small trailer in a pinch.

What do you guys think, or use?

Apex Lawn & Landscape
10-14-2012, 12:15 PM
With the birth of my daughter last year the civic coupe is to small. My wife also wants 4x4 for when she goes to work. This vehicle will only be used for snow and occasional family outings.

I was about to buy a Passport till I realized it was really a Izuzu. Then I read reviews about transmission problems, ABS failures and needing a quart of oil ever 500 miles.

Next was a 4runner. I havent heard anything bad but the rust is a problem with these toyotas. The gas isnt great but overall is a good SUV.

I keep coming back to Subaru. I think the forester is ugly but its the perfect fit. AWD, 20-28 MPG, Somewhat roomy, could haul a small trailer in a pinch.

What do you guys think, or use?
I agree with everything you said. We were going through this issue a couple months back for the same reasons! You also might consider the Honda pilot , the ford escapes are cheap junk. I agree with the isuzu tranny problems, the yota rust but the foresters are just ugly ! Lol . Anyway..after all was said and done, my fiancÚ & I chose the 08 Kia Sorento . It's big enough for our things, car seat, comfortable on road trips, 4x4 , good luck dude.

CHEESE2009
10-14-2012, 01:05 PM
hmmm

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ThD9gieLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

mike0507
10-14-2012, 01:37 PM
We just bought a ford edge a few weeks ago. Great car so far! We average about 21.3 mpg, not to bad for a v6.

Apex Lawn & Landscape
10-14-2012, 02:01 PM
We just bought a ford edge a few weeks ago. Great car so far! We average about 21.3 mpg, not to bad for a v6.

Love the look of the edge, its just out of our price range

SECTLANDSCAPING
10-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Love the look of the edge, its just out of our price range

Yeah, I was looking for a 01-04. It wont be used much its not worth putting to much money into. I still need another truck and plow. Looking at a ATV too.

willshome
10-14-2012, 02:42 PM
What about a small crew-cab truck with a plow
good back up plow/tow and a tax write off

Cashin H&P
10-15-2012, 06:41 AM
We went through the same thing. We ended up getting her a saburban . It has the 5.3 motor just like my truck. Iv hauled the 16foot car trailer with my jd tractor on it. I also put a plow on it (fisher 7'6") she does our drive way and is my back updriver haha she said it was hard to get used to the big truck but when my truck went into the shop for 2 weeks I was able to drive her truck while she drove her old car. It's always good to have a plan.