PDA

View Full Version : Much needed cash flow idea

grounded
12-20-2007, 05:00 AM
What if you offered your customers a one time monetary discount if they pay online within 10 days of receipt, say $2.00
You could set up a pay now button thru PayPal on your web site
This would entice customers to view your website and become familiar with it
You would have a valid email address for future sales promotions
And generate much needed cash flow for your season start up quickly

Does anybody use the back side of their invoice as a sales billboard?

Anybody have any suggestions on this?

Tom

JMM0254
12-20-2007, 08:11 AM
How about some examples on setting this up. I have set up on my site but Paypal only allows paying for a one set price or multilpe fixed payments. In other words, it appeared to me that I could set up payments in distinct levels (25.00, 50.00, 75.00 etc.). Then the customer would have to select which level payment they want to pay for. As we have different levels for a great majority of our customers, it makes it difficult.

Unless there is a way to allow the customer to pay exactly the amount they want to pay and enter their own numbers.

Also, our customers most likely don't want to open a PayPal account, but would rather just enter their banking or credit card info and pay. Plus if they pay using paypal, don't they get a service fee, then we get a service fee also? Not sure what the % is, but in time I am sure it adds up. Not sure a 2.00 discount takes care of that or not.

If there is a way to do this, I must have missed it.

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
12-20-2007, 10:37 AM
It seems from what we have discussed in other topics, there are more fees associated with the use of paypal.

Tom do you have or have you considered setting up a merchant account?

Quote[/b] ]What if you offered your customers a one time monetary discount if they pay online within 10 days of receipt, say $2.00

Would you prefer your customers pay with credit card?

If so you could possibly offer one free mowing at the end of the season if they choose to pay each month by credit card.

Would something like that help?

tjgray
12-20-2007, 04:13 PM
There is no fee for paying for things using a paypal account. I use mine to order and pay for stuff online all of the time.

We do have to pay a fee for each payment we recieve but it is not much and worth it to me to be able to offer my customers the conveinance of paying with their credit or debit cards.

JM I am not sure why yours appears to only accept one set price or multilpe fixed payments??? Our customers are able to pay exactly the amount they want to pay and enter their own numbers.

And whenever I use it which I do often I am always able to add in just what I want to pay...

I would check your options again maybe you have something set that shouldn't be???

Steve
12-20-2007, 04:29 PM
What % of your client base pays through paypal? What % would ou like to have them pay through paypal?

tjgray
12-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Ideal would be for our customers to all put a check in the mail as soon as they recieve their invoice or at the very least leave a check in a pre-determined spot for the next time we are out...

Buuuut,

I have a handful that I am always having to send an email reminder too and having the paypal option helps me to be able to collect a little easier http://www.gophergraphics.com/forum/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

grounded
12-21-2007, 03:54 AM
This idea came from outside the box thinking and my goal was to attract some, if not all of my spring clean up clients to visit my site.
As a bonus, they would be able to pay thru paypal and then receive future email discount coupons for future services. This appeals to some, not all and getting them to trust paypal and set up an account will be a win for me.
I haven't taken CC's before and haven't asked my clients if it was favorable to them. This too would be valuable info gained

I'm trying many different marketing ideas as they become apparent and before I spend any money, I want to test the ideas.

At the very least, the paypal idea wont cost me a dime if it fails and hopefully open up more creative marketing ideas.

Tom

Steve
12-21-2007, 06:07 AM
Quote[/b] ]At the very least, the paypal idea wont cost me a dime if it fails and hopefully open up more creative marketing ideas.

That is a very good point.

Quote[/b] ]This idea came from outside the box thinking and my goal was to attract some, if not all of my spring clean up clients to visit my site.

Off the top of my head, what do I think would get customers to visit your site? Well maybe if they knew there were different coupons that were placed up throughout the month. Maybe they were up for a limited time and only applied to a limited amount who called. Say for instance, the first 3 customers who call for a spring yard cleaning will also get a free gutter vacuuming? Or a free planting of some flowers or something like that.

Also they might come to your site if it was a reference point to find information about something they were interested in. Maybe they want to learn more about lawn diseases and how you resolve them.

pmblair
12-21-2007, 02:51 PM
You can find the options to accept credit cards without your customers having to sign up for a PayPal account. In fact, you can set up your PayPal account to actually allow you to take credit card payments via phone!

I think you have to be signed up for a business PayPal account...

realhuntin
12-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 20 2007,10:37)][quote]

If so you could possibly offer one free mowing at the end of the season if they choose to pay each month by credit card.
This is one of the smartest ideas i have heard in a while, guess thats why your here steve to keep us all thinking VERY GOOD THOUGHT! I am going to use it!

Thanks Tim

realhuntin
12-21-2007, 05:38 PM
As I posted in another post topic about CC here is a pic of the wirless tremnial I care with me. Also I want to add Again and this isn't a sale ad just heplful info to put money BACK in your POCKET! NO ONE CAN BEAT THESE RATES goto www.unitedbankcard.com check it out for yourself, you can get betterrates if you mention R & R Lawn Care & my name Tim. I worked a deal to get anyone that request this deal and rates the same special rates I get. I get nothing from them in return. I talked with them when all the credit card topic was going full guns. Just trying to help any and all that want to accept CC to get the best rate posiable.

Thanks
Tim

grounded
12-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Now this is what I was looking for!

Taking a topic and building on it, questioning it and improving it!

Tim, Steve, I too like the Free lawn mowing at the end of the season - that is great thinking.

As far as offering coupons goes, I guess I wasn't clear but I had some key points to this idea besides quick cash flow:

Announce the site
Drive them to the site
enable them, if they choose to pay by pay pal
receive there email address to start a future campaign

Thanks for all the input and keep it coming!

Tom

pmblair
12-21-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree about the free mowing, too...

...and Tom, that's a WONDERFUL idea! Add them to your mailing list and start a monthly newsletter... send it out to everyone whose email you have, and be sure to include coupons and special discounts!

Great thinking guys! I LOVE THIS FORUM!

Steve
12-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Tim,

Is there a person at the credit card company in specific that should be contacted? Would it be helpful to let everyone know of that specific contact or does it not matter?

realhuntin
12-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Quote[/b] (Team Gopher @ Dec. 22 2007,9:00)]Tim,

Is there a person at the credit card company in specific that should be contacted? Would it be helpful to let everyone know of that specific contact or does it not matter?
Ross Polonetsky New Accounts Manager 800.525.6909 ext. 207
email ross@UBCPS.com

grounded
12-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Tim,
Thanks for the incite on your CC deal.
I have sent an email for more information and also mentioned that you referred me.

Thanks Again!

Tom

Merry Christmas to all!

caseyshields
12-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Quote[/b] (grounded @ Dec. 20 2007,5:00)]Does anybody use the back side of their invoice as a sales billboard?

Tom
I like this idea to use the back of the invoice as a sales bulletin. I think I will use this. I mean, why not. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

realhuntin
12-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Quote[/b] (grounded @ Dec. 23 2007,7:14)]Tim,
Thanks for the incite on your CC deal.
I have sent an email for more information and also mentioned that you referred me.

Thanks Again!

Tom

Merry Christmas to all!
Thanks Tom, Glade to help, Hope you and yours has a Great Christmas

Little's
12-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks Tim, I also contacted Ross for more info. What kind of rates can we expect from them?

grounded
12-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Here's a template you can use for the back of your invoice.
this is a chance to let your 1 time customers know exactly what you do and your able to ad a monthly sales pitch and ask for referrals

Tom

grounded
12-24-2007, 07:52 AM
sorry, here's the file

Steve
12-24-2007, 11:12 AM
That is really nice Tom! Thanks!