PDA

View Full Version : New

FreedomYardService
10-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Hello,

My name is Corey and I am currently in the process of starting my Yard Service business.Yard service has been a passion of mine for awhile and I want to step up and do it on a professional level now. I plan on starting my company by performing the basics of lawn service and eventually want to grow it to other areas such as pool cleaning in the years to come.

I have read a few of the Gopherhaul books now, and I have a hard time putting them down. I appreciate the shared knowledge that Steve Low has put together into his books and look forward to learning more by becoming an active member on this forum.

Sprinkler Buddy
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the forum Corey, always room for another lawn care guy. :-)

Steve
10-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Hi Corey,

Welcome to our forum!

Where are you at now with all your business process? Are you out there doing any marketing yet?

FreedomYardService
10-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Hi Corey,

Welcome to our forum!

Where are you at now with all your business process? Are you out there doing any marketing yet?

I am currently getting my business licence and insurance in line as well as getting my equipment trailer fixed up.

As far as marketing, I am going to be launching a web site soon, as well as social networking and have already been spreading word to friends and family and have a few jobs lined up. My business is going to be a Veteran friendly employer as I grow and I plan on networking through the local Vet organizations that I am a member of. I am also looking into mailers to certain areas of town that I plan on focusing on by sending flyers in a three waves. What would you recommend Steve for a start up in marketing?

LawnBoy0311
10-03-2012, 06:47 AM
What branch of service were you in? I was USMC 2003-2007. Only the finest....infanty! You can register as a veteran owned business with some websites, this will help get you exposure if people google your name.

Steve
10-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I am also looking into mailers to certain areas of town that I plan on focusing on by sending flyers in a three waves. What would you recommend Steve for a start up in marketing?

I think you are doing a great job with your social marketing.

There are sites that can get you mailing lists of homes in the area. Check out my blog article on mailing list tips (http://lawnchat.com/lawn-care-business/mailing-list-tips-for-your-lawn-care-marketing-material.html). It should give you a lot more ideas.

http://lawnchat.com/lawn-care-business/mailing-list-tips-for-your-lawn-care-marketing-material.html