PDA

View Full Version : O-H!

GreatscapesLLC
10-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Hey guys my names's Jordan,
I'm 22 years old and started the company (officially) this past spring. I've been cutting and mulching for years but after reading a couple books on how easy it is to start up a company and the risk you face by tax evasion I figured "Eh, What the hell" and went down to the state bulding to buy the DBA. I figured out what my profit was from last year and aimed to double that as opposed to just doubling revenue (I do trees, hardscapes, mulch, and cut grass but stay away from irrigation/fertilization) and have just about hit my goal for the year. I take care of both residential and commercial properties but will aim to go more commercial in the future as the residential is a little more of a headache in terms of collecting/bills/ etc.

Two years ago i was pushing around a 22inch Toro, and using two by fours to put it in my trunk for yards far away. This spring I bought a brand new 6x10 utility and a 48" Exmark Metro that I can tow with my Ram. I think the thing that keeps me in this business (besides the fact that I can't make this kind of money anywhere else) is the ability to grow yourself so rapidly and the sky really is the limit. Good luck to all with the rest of the Fall!

Steve
10-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Welcome to our forum!

What kinds of advice do you have for other new start ups? What kind of do's and don'ts would you tell them about?