PDA

View Full Version : How much should I Sell?

bohm4004
09-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Thinking about selling my lawn business. I cut about 140 residential accounts and do snow for about 60 of them. Do I sell it for what I make in a year, less or more? If any body has any knowledge on the matter please let me know what you think.

bruces
09-22-2012, 02:49 PM
what you sell it for depends on what your selling .Signed and unsigned contracts ,equipment,equipment condition ,revenue etc will all have some effect on your price .

dpld
09-22-2012, 06:47 PM
that is the million dollar question that nobody can give you a real answer on.
even the pro's who sell businesses can not really give you a real number.

many things are involved like equipment, how old and what kind.
how long have you been in business and do you have written contracts and are you getting out of the business altogether.
obviously revenue plays a big part but in the end it really boils down to what is a fair price for you and what is someone willing to pay for it.

Steve
09-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Thinking about selling my lawn business. I cut about 140 residential accounts and do snow for about 60 of them. Do I sell it for what I make in a year, less or more? If any body has any knowledge on the matter please let me know what you think.

Welcome to our forum! Why have you decided to get out of the business?

As far as price goes, we have seen 1 months revenue, 6 months, and sometimes more. (not including equipment)

ringahding1
09-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Personally speaking I would not sell...If you are working a new job or career, I would hire a manager/crew leader to run the business for you. And you can focus on your new stuff & billing.

Pretty much saying ~ If you have been doing this for a while, you will probably come back to this industry down the road....Good Luck!