PDA

View Full Version : Excited about school

op25ttfd
09-22-2012, 09:53 AM
I have enrolled into Penn Foster for a Landscaping Technology course and will fill you guys in as it goes along. I am not too educated in the landscaping side of our business and I know I am losing money by not being able to do big landscaping and garden jobs so I figure this is one of the best ways to go about it. I have heard nothing but good things about their courses so I am willing to do anything that can help this business succeed. Wish me luck!

dpld
09-22-2012, 10:43 AM
good for you, knowledge is key.
best of luck to you and keep us posted on how it goes.

op25ttfd
09-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Sure will. Thanks.

Rambler
09-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Years ago I took a course from Penn Foster. My course was unrelated to landscaping. I took the medical transcription course. I was satisfied with it. I hate the idea of paying even a community college for an education that can be gotten elsewhere - and at a fraction of the cost. Good for you! (A)

Steve
09-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Keep us posted on how all this goes! I look forwards to hearing your updates.

stevef1201
09-25-2012, 06:33 AM
I have enrolled into Penn Foster for a Landscaping Technology course and will fill you guys in as it goes along. I am not too educated in the landscaping side of our business and I know I am losing money by not being able to do big landscaping and garden jobs so I figure this is one of the best ways to go about it. I have heard nothing but good things about their courses so I am willing to do anything that can help this business succeed. Wish me luck!

My Memtor here did nothing but cut grass, for 30 years. Put three kids through college with out student loans, and one through Law school. So you are not missing out on 'the big money' by not doing landscapeing, but you are avoiding the headaches-Permits, subcontractors, suppiers, deliveries, etc. Not to menction the nonpayment by property owners.

op25ttfd
09-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Non payment by property owners is a chance we take by cutting yards also. My goal and passion is to learn all aspects of the industry and be the best at it. I have been furthering my education in all phases for the last 14 years. It's also something my wife loves to do so a happy marriage starts with a happy wife. :)

Steve
09-26-2012, 08:59 AM
When will you get started on it?

op25ttfd
09-26-2012, 11:57 AM
I should recieve my books by next week. I start out with the history of horticulture and ornamental horticulture. It teaches everything from garden ecology and plant and shrub types, to landscape design and running the business aspect of the company.