PDA

View Full Version : Best Weed Control for Commercial Property?

PHS
09-20-2012, 07:34 PM
What do you all use for weed control on a medium sized (20 acre) commercial property? Hand pull? Spray Round Up? Special Product? Please let me know. Our customer is despirate for answers to their weeds. We are in the south where things grow year round.

mark123
09-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Weeds in turf or on a gravel lot or in cracks in the sidewalk? Are you licensed for pesticides?

PHS
09-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Sorry, we are not licenced for pesticides but could have our subcontracted fertilizing company perform for us. Talking about weeds growing within hedges.

thanks!

Steve
09-25-2012, 02:29 AM
Weeds in turf or on a gravel lot or in cracks in the sidewalk?

Do you have a suggestion for weed control within hedges?

mark123
09-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Do you have a suggestion for weed control within hedges?

I don't know of any chemical that is selective for broadleaf weeds that won't also harm a hedge. There may be something out there but I've not heard of it.

Pull them and mulch the area. Use a pre-emergent in the spring, such as "Preen", to keep new weeds from germinating in the mulch.

cuttingedgeron
09-30-2012, 05:06 PM
Weeds in turf or on a gravel lot or in cracks in the sidewalk? Are you licensed for pesticides?

So in order to take care of weeds, you have to be licensed for pesticides? Even at your own property or does this mean other propertys?

Steve
10-01-2012, 10:10 AM
You will have to check your state law but I think it comes down to, if you charge for the service, you need to be licensed.

Although, I have a feeling, if you are doing it for free and the customer gives you the chemical spray, you still need to be licensed.

Not on your own property though.