PDA

View Full Version : Radio Ad Script

Rdelahunr
09-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Just trying to get my ducks in a row for my start up this coming spring. I just made a script for my lawn service (just a mow, trim, blow) ad that will go through around 4 stations. It will be 30 seconds. Please help me refine it, and if you think it's trash, let me know and help me write something better.

In our daily rush, do you wish you could be on the lake or playing on the course? It only seems to get harder and harder to find time to do these things. RD Lawn Care specializes in reclaiming weekends, something we all owe to ourselves. We offer quality, reliability, and competitive pricing to suit all your lawn maintenance needs. Call 218xxxxxxx for free estimates. RD lawn care, returning weekends one happy customer at a time.

Thanks for all the help.

willshome
09-19-2012, 09:32 PM
say the phone number more than once

Rdelahunr
09-19-2012, 09:52 PM
In our daily rush, do you wish you could be on the lake or playing on the course? It only seems to get harder and harder to find time to do these things. RD Lawn Care specializes in reclaiming weekends, something we all owe to ourselves. We offer quality, reliability, and competitive pricing to suit all your lawn maintenance needs. Call 218xxxxxxx for free estimates. That's 218xxxxxxx. RD lawn care, returning weekends one happy customer at a time.

Or do you have a better placement idea?

stevef1201
09-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Listen VERY carefully to radio ads. They tell you the name of the business, the business saying, and location or phone number so many times it would make you sick to really pay attention to the whole ad.

Down here there is a company called FAMOUS****-, they say that name at least 5 times, and have a phone number no less than 6 time. With the tag line each time they use the company name. you made us famous-famous****-.

willshome
09-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Rdelahunr The other thing I would think about is staying on topic like

RD Lawn Care 218-***-**** Is your lawn work taking way to long and not getting the results you want? Call the professionals at RD lawn care 218-555-5555. They fix and maintain yards with year round services like spring cleanups, weekly mowing, & Plowing. RD lawn care 218-555-5555 will give you a free estimates so call 218-555-5555

Rdelahunr
09-20-2012, 08:13 AM
In our daily rush, do you wish you could be on the lake or playing on the course, but the lawn needs to be cut? There's a solution. Call RD Lawn Care at 218xxxxxxx. RD Lawn Care specializes in reclaiming weekends, something we all owe to ourselves. We offer quality, reliability, and competitive pricing to suit all your lawn maintenance needs. Call 218xxxxxxx for free estimates. RD lawn care, returning weekends one happy customer at a time. (That's 218xxxxxxx).

Took out a line, added another name and number. Should the part in parenthesis stay? Any more ideas?

Steve
09-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Why have you decided to go with radio ads?

When was the last time you bought anything from a company because of a radio ad you heard?

CHEESE2009
09-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Radio ads are expensive here, and you don't get to use your own recordings. Stations have actors who do it for you :(

Rdelahunr
09-20-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm going with radio because I get it free. You can record your own ad and I work a few days a week there as it's family owned. The typical ad is 9 to ten dollars, not the 200 some of you have reported. There is a local handyman who advertises on my grandfathers show monday through friday 930 to 10am and has reported turning down plenty of calls due to too much business.

jrayb39667
09-20-2012, 09:07 PM
I have a radio add and it has worked well for me. It still doesn't compare to word of mouth but if you're just starting out it should get you some calls. Our adds here are cheap because it's an extremely small town. I bought 20 runs M-F 2x a day. I picked this because we have a trading post that runs for 20 minutes every morning M-F 7:07-7:27 A.M. and it is run during that when most people around here are looking for a deal. Does your radio station have a popular segment or anything like that? If it does you should try to get a spot during that.

Steve
09-21-2012, 10:47 AM
There is a local handyman who advertises on my grandfathers show monday through friday 930 to 10am and has reported turning down plenty of calls due to too much business.

Very interesting! That would be cool if your grandfather could make mention on his show that his grandson has just gotten his business started.

Keep us posted on how that goes.

What kind of show does he do?

Rdelahunr
09-22-2012, 09:55 AM
The M-F 930 to 10 is popular and I might get on that. Live in a town of 4500 but the radio hits an audience of 80 to 100 thousand in the summer.

Rdelahunr
09-22-2012, 11:43 AM
His show is called coffeetime. He takes calls and talks about pretty much anything. Sometimes it's sports, community issues, etc., but it usually ends up being politics. He has a great personality and has daily listeners who stream online from places like California, as one example. The handyman who advertises doesn't have ads recorded, he simply has Grandpa talk about him personally, and it helps that Grandpa gives him ads in exchange for work on his home, so he talks he talks about the great job the handyman did on his roof, etc. I might get him to do some of that for me.

Steve
09-25-2012, 03:51 AM
That would be very neat to see what kind of response you got from your grandfather talking about you like that.